• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce payouts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perhaps his lawyer should take a note from Greg Norman's divorce lawyer:

'Wife did not teach husband to swing a golf club'

Comment

Originally posted by JamieMoles View Post
      I have to agree with you somewhat here.

Some people are just very good at what they do and will succeed and make money no matter what. I doubt very much that being married to Mrs Gibson had very much impact on his ability to act and make money at all - indeed if he had no family commitments one could argue that he may well have had more time to invest in filmmaking and therefore gotten even more rich. Certainly I imagine she was able to spend a fair amount of his money during their time together which otherwise would have contributed to his wealth mountain and having seven kids will certainly have hit his wallet somewhat!

Now she wants to seperate herself from the goose that lays the golden eggs, but still wants the eggs? Bah - let her go back to Dental nursing I say.

Mel can keep the kids and feed them.

She could have married Robert De Nero and been even more wealthy... who knows?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
        Are you really this dumb?
        Yes he is. Next.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          She could have married Robert De Nero and been even more wealthy... who knows?
          I think the point I was trying to make was, that as a Dental Nurse she is hardly capable of making a fortune for herself. She has gotten used to being married to a rich actor but now wants to split off from him but keep the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.

This last point really grinds my gears - if you can get "accustomed" to not working and living the high life you can sure as hell get re-accustomed to getting out of bed in the morning, going to work and not living the high life anymore. Just ask anyone on here who is currently benched...

Talentless people who choose to divorce talented rich people should be cut off from the cash from day one - if you no longer want to be a part of that persons life, why on earth should their money be a part of yours!?!?!?

Comment

Has she been not working and just living the high life? From the reports, they've got seven kids. I don't know their intimate family arrangments but generally speaking one would assume that she took on the duties of brining up their children, allowing him to focus more on his career.

I think 50-50 would be a little harsh here, and I'd be surprised if that's what she got, but I think she is entitled to a substantial part of the wealth, as she's paid a substantial part in earning it, albeit non-directly.
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

I think the point I was trying to make was, that as a Dental Nurse she is hardly capable of making a fortune for herself. She has gotten used to being married to a rich actor but now wants to split off from him but keep the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.

This last point really grinds my gears - if you can get "accustomed" to not working and living the high life you can sure as hell get re-accustomed to getting out of bed in the morning, going to work and not living the high life anymore. Just ask anyone on here who is currently benched...

Talentless people who choose to divorce talented rich people should be cut off from the cash from day one - if you no longer want to be a part of that persons life, why on earth should their money be a part of yours!?!?!?

Sorry, wtf are you? 29 posts in 13 months ...
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Sorry, wtf are you? 29 posts in 13 months ...
                What's that got to do with the discussion at hand?

Comment

What's that got to do with the discussion at hand?
                  The strong whiff of sh!t emanating from the fingers stuck up yer arse, twiddling their fingers and making you speak ...

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

The strong whiff of sh!t emanating from the fingers stuck up yer arse, twiddling their fingers and making you speak ...
                    Oh I see. You're one of those people who has to resort to insults when people don't agree with you.

Nice one.

Comment

Oh I see. You're one of those people who has to resort to insults when people don't agree with you.

Nice one.
                      Nope.

Comment

Working...
                      X