• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

G20 Protester dies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    Much as I support the police generally I have to agree - they overreacted and the bloke later died. The evidence looks damning IMHO.

Cybertory is just trying to defend his stance but he'd be advised to cut & run as he's on shaky ground here.
    I am probably the last person who would want to jump up and defend the police but I am a Business Analyst and I don't think we have seen enough from the video clip to make a judgement about what was going on before the push by the police, and afterwards.

I have watched the clip and the immediate question that went through my mind was why was the bloke away from the rest of the crowd as the police were marching towards him?

I don't think that that makes him automatically guilty of anything, it just suggests to me that there is more to this that we don't know at the moment.

Comment

Caught the end of the news on the radio this morning - there's doubt about the post-mortem procedure where cause of death was given as "heart attack".

Presumably some think a bonk on the head was the real cause.

Comment

He was a news agent, he was not a protester. He was trying to get home from work, and had been refused access at a number of roads by the police, so was trying to find a way out.

IMO it was an unprovoked attack on someone that wasn't causing any trouble and was no threat to the police at that point.

I'm not going to judge the police officer at this point, but I hope an independent investigation will find the truth.
        Originally posted by cailin maith
        Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Anyone seen the pictures of the "Pink Stormtrooper"? Made me LOL.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Pink Stormtrooper

SFW
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Ditto the killing of Jean Charles de Menezes.

Comment

Oh dear. The cop that came forward, put his hands up to a different attack than was shown on the film, so now it would appear the newspaperman was attacked by the Police more than once.

Comment

And it gets better/worse.

The original post mortem has been shown to be an utter sham.

Second one shows he died from 'abdominal injuries probably sustained during a violent assault'.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

Second one shows he died from 'abdominal injuries probably sustained during a violent assault'.
                    If you asked a policeman the time would you trust the reply?

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post

No it doesn't:
                      "Dr Cary's opinion is that the cause of death was abdominal haemorrhage. The cause of the haemorrhage remains to be ascertained."

Comment

Working...
                      X