• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'celeb' spotting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was once at Honolulu airport (a few years ago now) at the same time as David Hasselhof.

I only noticied him as I went around the corner looking for the bog (sorry, Rest Room). As I passed by, one of his minders come's bounding up to me saying "no autographs, no autographs", at this stage I actually noticed "The Hoff" and politely replied, "that's fine, actually, if it's all the same to you, I was just going to have a poo".

More recently I was stood in a queue for security at Stansted Airport behind Steve Pemberton (League of Gentlemen) who was on his way to Malaga with wife and kids. I didn't recognise him at first, and started to strike up a conversation with him (it was a very, very long queue). What a miserable git.
    Last edited by BlightyBoy; 24 March 2009, 09:54.

Comment

I walked along the street with Frank Bruno, when he was still fighting.

He was polite (saying Fanks very much a couple of times or some such in reply to my comments about his recent (and rare) win) and handed me a signed autograph.

Comment

I sometimes post in a forum where the inhabitants deplore the celebrity culture in one thread, and laud it in another.

very strange

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
          I once used a pelican crossing on the Euston Road and Fergal Sharkey was crossing towards me from the other side - does that count? (I did buy one of his records once )

OK, not impressive enough eh?

I once smoked a cigarette in the smoking area at the arrivals in Heathrow Terminal Three after a flight from the far east and Gail Porter was in there too (this was before her illness, and when there was still a smoking area). There's an equality among smokers that transcends celebrity and social class.

I once used the urinals in a pub on the Isle of Dogs at the same time as Steve McFadden from EastEnders when I was there to watch the London Marathon go past.

I was in the local pub once and Peter Davison popped in to ask for directions.

I was standing at the parade ring at Wincanton Racecourse once watching the horses go round and realised that I was standing next to Harry Redknapp.

Last year I was having lunch in a hotel in Barcelona and Thierry Henry was sat at the next table having his lunch (accompanied by a very good looking blonde, and with a colossal minder hanging about).

No, I think that is about it for me - I don't come across many of the a-list let alone the z-list in the course of my day to day life.
          Not impressive enough.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In 1991 sat next to Samantha Fox on a flight from Boston back to the UK. Didn't recognise her, but saw the name in her passport shortly before landing. Had to check some photos afterwards to confirm it was her, as I had only a vague idea who she was and what she looked like.

Stood a few feet from Mike Tyson at Gatwick airport. He was much shorter than I expected, considerably smaller than his minder, but the deep scars on his face made him look scary.

Comment

I shook Henry Cooper's hand, he nearly crushed my fingers. Really nice bloke, with big big hands
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I know the bloke who designed Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album cover and took the photos for Zeppelin's Houses of the Holy...

Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

Went to a wedding do last year and Freddie Flintoff and KP were there and drinking impressive amounts.

Was in a nightclub in Vegas (Voodoo Lounge) and Prince was playing in the basement, afterwards he came up with his bandmembers and brought everyone drinks for the night.

Was in Manchester and bumped (literally) into Frank Bruno, even though it was my fault, he apologised about 5 times.

When live aid was on a few years back, I got a backstage pass from my sister who worked for AOL and met loads of peeps, really wanted to meet Slash and managed to grab a few words with him. Met David Bowie and he was funny as f**k.
                  Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by stingman123 View Post
                    Went to a wedding do last year and Freddie Flintoff and KP were there and drinking impressive amounts.

Was in a nightclub in Vegas (Voodoo Lounge) and Prince was playing in the basement, afterwards he came up with his bandmembers and brought everyone drinks for the night.

Was in Manchester and bumped (literally) into Frank Bruno, even though it was my fault, he apologised about 5 times.

When live aid was on a few years back, I got a backstage pass from my sister who worked for AOL and met loads of peeps, really wanted to meet Slash and managed to grab a few words with him. Met David Bowie and he was funny as f**k.

Almost forgot....Met Bobby Charlton last year at a booksigning do, probably the most humble man I've ever met, and an absolute legend
                    Last edited by stingman123; 24 March 2009, 11:20.
                    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by BlightyBoy View Post
                      I was once at Honolulu airport (a few years ago now) at the same time as Michael Hasselhof.

I only noticied him as I went around the corner looking for the bog (sorry, Rest Room). As I passed by, one of his minders come's bounding up to me saying "no autographs, no autographs", at this stage I actually noticed "The Hoff" and politely replied, "that's fine, actually, if it's all the same to you, I was just going to have a poo".

More recently I was stood in a queue for security at Stansted Airport behind Steve Pemberton (League of Gentlemen) who was on his way to Malaga with wife and kids. I didn't recognise him at first, and started to strike up a conversation with him (it was a very, very long queue). What a miserable git.
                      Who is Micheal Hasselhoff?

Did you mean David when you typed Michael?
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X