• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'celeb' spotting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As part of the job I have regular contact with top musicians & composers, both phone and email and occasionaly in person. Mostly very nice people.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

My claim to fame is that I live in the same road as Kym Marsh from Corry.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy Moron View Post
        I sat next to Rodney Marsh today on the Train and he told me a mildly racist story.
        I could see through to Rodney Marsh's,
        If it wasn't for the 'ouses in between.

Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

I once used a pelican crossing on the Euston Road and Fergal Sharkey was crossing towards me from the other side - does that count? (I did buy one of his records once )

OK, not impressive enough eh?

I once smoked a cigarette in the smoking area at the arrivals in Heathrow Terminal Three after a flight from the far east and Gail Porter was in there too (this was before her illness, and when there was still a smoking area). There's an equality among smokers that transcends celebrity and social class.

I once used the urinals in a pub on the Isle of Dogs at the same time as Steve McFadden from EastEnders when I was there to watch the London Marathon go past.

I was in the local pub once and Peter Davison popped in to ask for directions.

I was standing at the parade ring at Wincanton Racecourse once watching the horses go round and realised that I was standing next to Harry Redknapp.

Last year I was having lunch in a hotel in Barcelona and Thierry Henry was sat at the next table having his lunch (accompanied by a very good looking blonde, and with a colossal minder hanging about).

No, I think that is about it for me - I don't come across many of the a-list let alone the z-list in the course of my day to day life.

Comment

in the last 2 weeks:

the photographer at my brother's wedding took the last known photograph of Jimi Hendrix..

the jazz band trio were led by the teacher for the Royal Phlharmonic Orchestra

I stayed at one of the Sultan of Oman's residences

.. it was a posh wedding
            The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I was standing around in Liverpool thinking I knew the guy in front of me. Then I realised it was David Beckham.
              He scored as well. a header. b@stard.

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

I was in The Ivy the same night as Michael & Shakira Caine, Valentino, Jude Law, Tom Ford and that Scottish bloke who was in Gregory's Girl. Valentino came and spoke to my missus.

In other various restaurants I've also sat on the next table to Alan Sugar, Terry Venables (not at the same time), Zara Phillips, Felicity Kendal, Terence Stamp, Derek Jacobi - loads more.

David Milliband got on my train carriage and we both complained about a father and son in the quiet bit in 1st class playing on their PSPs.

I've stood next to Sylvester Stallone (Short and very wide) and Ray Liotta (very squeaky voice in real life).
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I stayed in a hotel round the corner from one where Michael Jackson's brother once stayed.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

I had a chat with David Arquette as we shared an elevator.

Comment

My mate has Ron Jeremy's mobile number - the big fella tried to chat up his GF in a restaurant once and gave her his number. Now my mates in the US use him as an agony uncle and so far he's only had one of them blocked.

I was "Rat of the week" in Bella a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                      X