• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

'celeb' spotting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Led Zep played at my cousin's wedding, with my cousin on drums. Which would have been lovely if I even had the faintest idea who they were at the time.

Apart from that, had a nice chat with Goldie Hawn, Eric Idle and Melvyn Bragg whilst waiting for a show to start.

Other than that, I see the fellers from Portishead fairly regularly as one of their kids goes to playgroup with one of mine. The drummer from the Manics sends his kid to preschool there but I've not met him. Short feller though. Had drinks in NY with Garbage, smoked with Howard Marks and been invited to stay at Marlon Brando's place when we were in that neck of the woods too.

But best of all, I saw Leo Sayer on Bondai Beach a few years back. Beat That!
    "Israel, Palestine, Cats." He Said
    "See?"

Comment

I got slapped by Geoff Capes once

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        I got slapped by Geoff Capes once
        I imagine once was enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
          I got bitch slapped by Geoff Capes once
          Gas masks don't fit snails...

Comment

David Prowse (aka The Green Cross Code Man/Darth Vader), lifted me onto his shoulders when I was a nipper.
            If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Must say I'm impressed with all these celebs. Best I've managed is walking past Don Estelle in Hartlepool town centre who was dressed as Lofty and singing Whispering Grass

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                Last Summary I saw Morrisey standing outside an Italian clothes shop on a side street just to the side of Harrods in London.

He had his arms folded, standing alone outside the shop waiting for something, he looked miserable.
                He always looks miserable...
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Famous people....

Met most of the England Rugby team... most of the Wasps team too. A few of the Irish team - when they were a lot younger though.

Met Alan Shearer at Dublin Airport once.

Johnny Logan on holiday two years in a row... he remembered us from the first year

P Y Gerbot... or however you spelt it... Mr Millenium Dome.

Saw Jimmy Carr in starbucks in Manchester last week. See Jamie thingy a lot, who used to play for Liverpool.

Met Arsen Wenger on Deansgate once and got his autograph for my bro who is fan... My sis thought he was the sweedish fella, Sven and asked him why he was wearing an arsenal jacket and not an England one. Thankfully he laughed his ass off.

Can't think of anymore but there are always a load of soap stars/Z listers around town.

Martin Johnson is the only one I ever got star struck with
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Various music folks :

John Entwhistle
                    Robert Fripp (& Toyah some years later)
                    Mark King
                    Jamiroquai
                    Gigsy from Oasis
                    Kula Shaker
                    Alvin Stardust (!!)
                    Rock Bitch (!!!!!!!!!!)
                    DJ Mike Read
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Jet (Gladiators) in coffee shop a few weeks ago
                      Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Working...
                      X