• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 'celeb' spotting

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "'celeb' spotting"

Collapse

• stingman123
    replied
    Jet (Gladiators) in coffee shop a few weeks ago

Leave a comment:

• Board Game Geek
    replied
    Various music folks :

John Entwhistle
    Robert Fripp (& Toyah some years later)
    Mark King
    Jamiroquai
    Gigsy from Oasis
    Kula Shaker
    Alvin Stardust (!!)
    Rock Bitch (!!!!!!!!!!)
    DJ Mike Read

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Famous people....

Met most of the England Rugby team... most of the Wasps team too. A few of the Irish team - when they were a lot younger though.

Met Alan Shearer at Dublin Airport once.

Johnny Logan on holiday two years in a row... he remembered us from the first year

P Y Gerbot... or however you spelt it... Mr Millenium Dome.

Saw Jimmy Carr in starbucks in Manchester last week. See Jamie thingy a lot, who used to play for Liverpool.

Met Arsen Wenger on Deansgate once and got his autograph for my bro who is fan... My sis thought he was the sweedish fella, Sven and asked him why he was wearing an arsenal jacket and not an England one. Thankfully he laughed his ass off.

Can't think of anymore but there are always a load of soap stars/Z listers around town.

Martin Johnson is the only one I ever got star struck with

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by eliquant View Post
    Last Summary I saw Morrisey standing outside an Italian clothes shop on a side street just to the side of Harrods in London.

He had his arms folded, standing alone outside the shop waiting for something, he looked miserable.
    He always looks miserable...

Leave a comment:

• crimdon
    replied
    Must say I'm impressed with all these celebs. Best I've managed is walking past Don Estelle in Hartlepool town centre who was dressed as Lofty and singing Whispering Grass

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    David Prowse (aka The Green Cross Code Man/Darth Vader), lifted me onto his shoulders when I was a nipper.

Leave a comment:

• BrianSnail
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I got bitch slapped by Geoff Capes once

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Originally posted by Badger View Post
    I got slapped by Geoff Capes once
    I imagine once was enough.

Leave a comment:

• Badger
    replied
    I got slapped by Geoff Capes once

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    Led Zep played at my cousin's wedding, with my cousin on drums. Which would have been lovely if I even had the faintest idea who they were at the time.

Apart from that, had a nice chat with Goldie Hawn, Eric Idle and Melvyn Bragg whilst waiting for a show to start.

Other than that, I see the fellers from Portishead fairly regularly as one of their kids goes to playgroup with one of mine. The drummer from the Manics sends his kid to preschool there but I've not met him. Short feller though. Had drinks in NY with Garbage, smoked with Howard Marks and been invited to stay at Marlon Brando's place when we were in that neck of the woods too.

But best of all, I saw Leo Sayer on Bondai Beach a few years back. Beat That!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I know the family that bought Gazza's house after he left Rangers.

I heard some dodgy tales about what they found when they were viewing the house.

I got his satellite box which he left.

Leave a comment:

• eliquant
    replied
    Last Summary I saw Morrisey standing outside an Italian clothes shop on a side street just to the side of Harrods in London.

He had his arms folded, standing alone outside the shop waiting for something, he looked miserable.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    I've spoken to Glen Hoddle a few times. He used to play tennis at my club.

I also spent an hour with Bobby Ferguson (ex-Chelsea and Fulham manager) having a few beers when he was doing a football prize-giving at Bisham Abbey for my girlfriend, who was a manager there at the time. She had hired him but was embarrassed because she did not know what he looked like, so asked me to point him out on arrival. As he turned up in a 'Roller' it really should not have been a problem !!

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Some of the people I have come across....

Met John Lennon at a party in Paris in the late 60's. He gave me a signed photo before I went home to bed.

Used to live next door to Supertramp in Portugal in the 70's where they were holed up doing something or other. They used to pop round when we had a party. Also Mungo Jerry lived just down the road for a while and went to school with some expat royalty there

Used to occasionally drink with one of the guys from Procul Harum many years ago in Brentwood. Another lived below us and he had a Finnish wife who used to sunbathe topless underneath my bedroom window

Met a number of blues musicians as they all used to play round the corner from the local and we wuz regular guests. This old long haired bloke kept getting in the way of me and the bar and I had to have words with him until someone pointed out it was Rory Gallagher

Lemmy (who was drinking with Charlie Harper in the Marquee) told me to **** off when I suggested that they should let some younger people have a go

Met and played in bands with various ex-members of Hawkwind, Gong, Here and Now, Iron Maiden, etc. on and off. One of the friendliest chaps I met was Nik Turner who saw us standing outside and invited us backstage prior to the gig for a chat, a drinkie poo, a smokie poo and general shenanigans

Had to interview Hawkwind for a German TV channel as the bloke who was doing it couldn't actually speak much English so he asked me if I would do the honours. got in free to the gig as well!

Had that bloke who sings in the Sisters of Mercy stand next to me with his bouncers at a Sex Pistols gig, boy is he short! Had a nice converstaion with him though

Met loads of those American grunge and Alternative bands, i.e Sebadoh, Yo La Tenga, Mudhoney, etc.

Lots of other stuff including being the star attraction in a TV Eye documentary in the early 80's about motorcycle accidents.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Met Billy Connolly a few times. See him a few times a year at the football, him and Rod Stewart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X