• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rural revolt gathers pace

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conjugate the verb "to go"...
    Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
      Conjugate the verb "to go"...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

We had a second home when I was young, constant scraps with the local kids.

Nobody seems to mind the second home thing in Scotland, probably because there is so much land. Never could understand the Welsh driving out the white settlers thing.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

Nobody seems to mind the second home thing in Scotland, probably because there is so much land. Never could understand the Welsh driving out the white settlers thing.

Sheep are white. We like white things.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post

Sheep are white. We like white things.
            Cocaine?

Comment

The 'Sons of Glyndwr' burned down holiday homes as they were aggrieved that locals could not afford to buy houses.

The result - some holiday areas of Wales now require you to be a local resident in order to buy property below a threshold price and locals in those areas are now able to get on the property ladder.

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
                The 'Sons of Glyndwr' burned down holiday homes as they were aggrieved that locals could not afford to buy houses.

The result - some holiday areas of Wales now require you to be a local resident in order to buy property below a threshold price and locals in those areas are now able to get on the property ladder.
                In the late 80's when they were up to these tactics anyone could buy a house in Wales. It's not exactly Sandbanks.

There was a thread today about stabbing people who break into houses, general feeling was that it was the chaps fault he got killed. I would say if you burn down a house you should at least expect the same.

Comment

So the consensus is that just because you have the money that doesn't mean that you should be able to buy something that is for sale.

Has anybody thought about how communist that is?

Comment

In the late 80's when they were up to these tactics anyone could buy a house in Wales. It's not exactly Sandbanks.
                    Anyone still can, unless its a property below a threshold price in a holiday area.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                      Has anybody thought about how communist that is?
                      Have you thought what will happen to our villages when people faced with the choice of living with their parents or moving to a city choose the city?
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
                      X