• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If I volunteed my 2 murderous felines their figures would go thru' the roof!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    eh? BM is one of the most polite posters on here : possibly the most polite.
    Really. I must have misinterpreted comments like:

Try some beta blockers. Your BP must be permanently through the roof.
    What the fekk are you on about now?
    Eh? Go and have a lie down.
    Sound and fury signifying nothing &c...
    (implied "tale told by an idiot...")

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      Really. I must have misinterpreted comments like:
      Well I'm sorry if I offended.

I just really didn't get the point you were making.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        Well I'm sorry if I offended.

I just really didn't get the point you were making.
        I've forgotten it myself. Let's both have a go at Dodgy.

Comment

awww. Feel the love.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Our local sparrow hawk insists on eating my blackbirds rather than those bluddy wood pidgeons...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Both have a go at me! I am far more attention seeking than him!

<runs off to tpd just in case>

Comment

Originally posted by dave20 View Post

cats just eat and sleep at home then wander around all day on their own. It's not like you can take them for a walk or anything.
                I resemble that remark
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

I caught a cat with a bird in its mouth a couple of years back, gave the cat a kick, and it released the bird. Unfortunately, it did not survive. The bird was ok though.

Comment

Why anyone would want to keep an animal in slavery is beyond me.

If you impose dependency on a pet, you are enforcing a lack of freedom on the creature.

In essence, the animal depends on humans for its food.

If an animal was free and able to find its own food, then it's very unlikely that any single animal would show affection to humans.

Humans "condition" animals to behave how we want them to behave, so they comply in order to survive.

We "demand" affection for our own personal interests, not for the animal's.

I would like to think that humans don't treat their own offspring in such a way, so why do we do it with animals ?

The most love that a person can give another or a creature is its freedom.

Love gives freedom. Love that doesn't give freedom, is not love.

An animal does not give love. It gives whatever behaviour its master or mistress has conditioned it to give, in order to secure food and shelter.

It wouldn't call such an animal a pet.

I'd call it a slave.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                      Why anyone would want to keep an animal in slavery is beyond me.

If you impose dependency on a pet, you are enforcing a lack of freedom on the creature.

In essence, the animal depends on humans for its food.

If an animal was free and able to find its own food, then it's very unlikely that any single animal would show affection to humans.

Humans "condition" animals to behave how we want them to behave, so they comply in order to survive.

We "demand" affection for our own personal interests, not for the animal's.

I would like to think that humans don't treat their own offspring in such a way, so why do we do it with animals ?

The most love that a person can give another or a creature is its freedom.

Love gives freedom. Love that doesn't give freedom, is not love.

An animal does not give love. It gives whatever behaviour its master or mistress has conditioned it to give, in order to secure food and shelter.

It wouldn't call such an animal a pet.

I'd call it a slave.
                      I am a slave to my cats. I would love to kick them out but I suspect Mrs BP would boot me out before them....

Comment

Working...
                      X