• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Odd question from Clientco

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    How would this relate to the agency? Would they get a cut? Surely not?
    Purlease - of course they get a cut. It's in every contract I ever had. Clientco will need to buy you from them. They own you.
    Bored.

Comment

£150K. No 6 monthy 360 degree performance reviews. All pension contributions paid to me directly to invest in funds of my choosng. 28 days holiday and a 10% minimum guaranteed bonus if targets (of which I will of course help set) are reached.
      Sval-Baard Consulting Ltd - we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied.

Nothing says "you're a loser" more than owning a motivational signature about being a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Svalbaard View Post
        £150K. No 6 monthy 360 degree performance reviews. All pension contributions paid to me directly to invest in funds of my choosng. 28 days holiday and a 10% minimum guaranteed bonus if targets (of which I will of course help set) are reached.
        Oh God. I had forgotten.

Comment

LOL 2 weeks into contract - Boss asks what it would take for me to go Perm?!

Should Alarm Bells start ringing? The project I am on looks a good 18 monthers but they want senior roles field for a wider global adoption and roll out of the platform[s].

He has basically asked what it would take....
          12 weeks leave a year, which you actually get to take, £150K, and no appraisals. ever
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ill have a sniff - but I may throw in 110k and the bonus here is 20%. Key for me is working from home as well and pension I guess. But Ill only do this after my initial 9 months contract is up so it allows me to see how things have developed.

Worth it to see reaction anyway.

Comment

There's a brilliant "resume" page on the Retire Early Home Page where the guy who runs it, an early-retired chemical engineer allows that he could be persuaded to work, under the right conditions:

• Mr. Greaney is only considering opportunities allowing flexible office hours and minimal attendance at meetings.
              • Mr. Greaney will only accept situations where he can limit his involvement to activities that genuinely interest him.
              • He's not interested in reporting to anyone. He works best with no supervision.

Employers who believe they can satisfy these demanding requirements are invited to E-mail proposals to the Retire Early Home Page.

Comment

Happens all the time. Here, about 6 weeks into contract they said "we were going to offer you a staff job but we figured you wouldn't take it?" To which the reply was- "correct".

Usually, when asked this I expalin that it is flattering to be asked. But that my requirements are extremely unlikely to fit into their salary and benefits structure so I, with regret, have to decline.
                Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

I wouldnt go for 90k - Id want a base stretching over 100k and a decent bonus and at LEAST 28 days holiday and working from home 2 days a week.

Too much ? LOL
                  I'd be swayed for: -

(1) Whatever permie wage let me come out with £3k per month AFTER tax (what would that be?)
                  (2) 2 days working from home per week. (Working from home is VERY important to me).
                  (3) Assuming I got (2), then 5 weeks holidays would do really.
                  (4) Pension & Bupa.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

Aint google amazing! just did a search on previous roles here - and it would appear one of the guys doing a similar role - well his perm job was advertised at £90k-120k last year. Bit of a concerning gap but hey ho.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      8 Weeks holiday a year
                      Full healthcare & dental
                      Ability to tell boss to go **** himself whenever it's needed.
                      +1
                      The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Working...
                      X