• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

School teachers are ******* useless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I have to work. They should have to work.

Teachers are notoriously work shy. Six weeks off in the summer, hours of 8.30-3.00, apples everyday and presents from the kids every end of term.

GET OUT OF BED YOU WORK SHY LAYABOUTS!
    I never met a teacher who gets to leave school at 3pm. You really think a teacher's working day is the same as the teaching day? I don't buy the "we use all the holiday for planning" line - they definitely do get generous holidays - but it's also a pretty hard job.

Again - if a county closes every school... how is this anything to do with the teachers?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
      I love the way that people on here, who for the most part* are selfish greedy bastards who think of nothing in life but getting money for themselves, are quick to jump in and criticise those who (for lots less money) are doing difficult and sometimes dangerous jobs that just might make things better: teachers, social workers, police....

* yes I know there are exceptions.
      Yes there are exceptions however I know a lot of teachers and only one or two of them are doing it for "the good of the kids". The rest are doing it as they wanted a years holiday every 4 years a minted pension and absolute job security.

Comment

Sorry - got to take umbrage here.

It is not the teachers who close the schools - and they do not do an 8:30 to 3:00 job, they are not workshy - have you tried being a teacher?

My wife is a teacher (but currently not working as she is looking after our kids). She would turn up at school, even if it was closed for snow, because I could make it into work and we shared the drive (Ripon to Harrogate - muderous if any sort of snow).

It is the school heads who close schools on advice of the Health and Safty gurus in the council. They have to do this because too many parents will sue if little Wayne or Waynetta even scratch there hand.

DO NOT BLAME TEACHERS - although there are always bad ones.

Rant over.
        Beer
        is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I've never had professional dealings with social workers, but my younger sister is one. I wish she weren't, because it is both dangerous and despised; but she believed that she could make a difference to people who needed it. So sorry, my little sister is not scum of the earth.
          She is certainly despised by me and I think alot less of you being related to one. If any of my family were in the SS I would have nothing more to do with them. All they ever did was bring pain and misery to MY children : all I asked was for them to uphold the law. Not too much to ask.

Not only they cannot be sued : but they are not answerable to their MP! One friend had issues with the SS : he got his MP involved. They said they did not have to answer his letter and would not! I might add that the friend was a vicar and had video proof that his son was being abused by Mum's new partner. SS ALWAYS take MUm's side : Mum is ALWAYS right. f**kers.

I also had another friend who got an apology from the SS. It took him 10 years. His ex's sister was in the SS and his brother in the police. The police arranged to have him taken in the cells for a kicking.

Anyway : I am out of this thread : goodbye

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            She is certainly despised by me and I think alot less of you being related to one. If any of my family were in the SS I would have nothing more to do with them. All they ever did was bring pain and misery to MY children : all I asked was for them to uphold the law. Not too much to ask.

Not only they cannot be sued : but they are not answerable to their MP! One friend had issues with the SS : he got his MP involved. They said they did not have to answer his letter and would not! I might add that the friend was a vicar and had video proof that his son was being abused by Mum's new partner. SS ALWAYS take MUm's side : Mum is ALWAYS right. f**kers.

I also had another friend who got an apology from the SS. It took him 10 years. His ex's sister was in the SS and his brother in the police. The police arranged to have him taken in the cells for a kicking.

Anyway : I am out of this thread : goodbye
            I don't think you and I can do this, sadly. You have too much pain, and I have too close a relationship. I have more I could say, and so I suppose do you. Some other time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              100% of social workers are total scum of the earth. Ever had dealings with them? I have : and I was told that they were quite happy to break the law : thet cannot be sued so dont care. They are power hungry morons who care NOTHING for children : they only spread misery.
              100% eh?

I know someone who's a social worker - lovely caring women, who's gets paid rubbish and does a very, very tough job. But I guess she's one of the 100% eh?

They're far from perfect, but they're necessary, and if they're not there we'd be in a way worse situation.

BTW Why does everything with you have to come back to the same old sh!t - you ever get bored harping on to us about it?
              Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                100% eh?

I know someone who's a social worker - lovely caring women, who's gets paid rubbish and does a very, very tough job. But I guess she's one of the 100% eh?

They're far from perfect, but they're necessary, and if they're not there we'd be in a way worse situation.

BTW Why does everything with you have to come back to the same old sh!t - you ever get bored harping on to us about it?
                He's clearly hurt to the point of irrationality here. His own kids at stake: I would not cast the first stone.

But I do agree with you. And yes I know about "them" supposedly always favouring the woman: so does my sister, since her son faced a risk of splitting and losing his son, and as it happens the house that my sister saved 25 years for and then gave to him. "Them" is not individual social workers: they do what they are told, they do not make policy, they apply it. Policy comes down from, ultimately, our elected representatives, it is not made on the ground at will. Nor should it be, in a democracy. Neither by social workers, nor by police deciding to give someone a kicking for personal reasons.
                Last edited by expat; 4 February 2009, 09:21.

Comment

He's clearly hurt to the point of irrationality here. His own kids at stake: I would not cast the first stone.
                  May well be, but he's not the only person on this board who's dealt with social workers.

I think they've got one of the toughest jobs out there, with one of the worst reputations (Deserved or not). They're needed, and we need good people to be doing these jobs - BP's attitude is very counter productive.
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

May well be, but he's not the only person on this board who's dealt with social workers.

I think they've got one of the toughest jobs out there, with one of the worst reputations (Deserved or not). They're needed, and we need good people to be doing these jobs - BP's attitude is very counter productive.
                    Agree. I have the good fortune to do a really easy job (and be well paid for it). Social workers do a nigh on impossible job; but the good ones make it better than it would be if they hadn't tried.

There is a lot of foaming at the mouth about social workers, even by those who have never been in a situation where they acted, but it reminds me of airport security workers: yes, there are a load of jobsworths and little hitlers in there, sanctimoniously abusing power to interfere with other people's lives in what seems like the most annoying and sometimes humiliating way possible. But that doesn't mean that I don't think there is any need for security at airports.

Comment

I think BP has been hurt very much by the sytem and it's tulip - Dads do get a raw deal in messy breakups. A friend of mine is going through it right now.

But.... when I was adopted, my social worker was great. We kept in touch until I was about 10 or 11 so I know there are good ones out there - just as well as there are tulip ones.
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X