• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TV license

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
    including 39 hours of "How to solve a problem like Eurovision in the Attic on Ice".
    nuff said!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      Because it's the law.... I guess.
      but the tv license money should be spread across all channels, not just given to one leftie broadcaster

Comment

Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
        but the tv license money should be spread across all channels, not just given to one leftie broadcaster
        But the other channels have commercial revenue - BBC doesn't.
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          But the other channels have commercial revenue - BBC doesn't.
          therefore, I should only have to pay license for BBC channels.

Comment

Don't bother arguing with him, Carling - he's already stated that he's just a troll, and that nothing he says is true:

I never do them, I just like to talk about them. Talk the talk etc.
            I think he's probably one of the DP family of sockpuppets.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 19 January 2009, 18:44.

Comment

Hi

I don't particular like the BBC or the way it is funded, I don't like the immorality it promotes, I don't like the repeats, I don't like the biased news coverage (e.g. anti-Israel). I just don't like it.

So I just moved to rent a new property. 3 weeks later those lovely TV license people send me a letter demanding response within 2 weeks.

They tell me the property is unlicensed and I need to either pay up or claim I don't use TV for TV.

So I have a TV in the flat but I don't watch it much
              What is it that makes you think "not watching it much" entitles you not to buy a license?

You use it to watch TV, so a license is required, end of.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Don't bother arguing with him, Carling - he's already stated that he's just a troll, and that nothing he says is true:

I think he's probably one of the DP family of sockpuppets.
                Very possibly!
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I don't want it, so why should I pay for it.
                  Stop whingeing and act. Do what I did in 2001 and get rid of the telly. Not had one since.

But I do enjoy www.bbc.co.uk and Radio 7 and Radio 2 and Radio 4. All for free.
                  Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

The fee covers a wide expanse of TV channels, radio output and internet presence.

Then parts of the BBC actually pay for themselves through selling programme content overseas.

On top of that part of the fee also goes into maintaining the TV infrastructure - the digital network that other channels are now benefiting from was paid for by your licence fee.

Anyway, death before I pay £40 a month to have 100 crap channels that I don't watch on Sky with 10 minute ad breaks four minutes into the programme.

I don't want it, so why should I pay for it.
                    Oh hush, you sound like a spoilt child.

Comment

been there ...

I did not have a television for around three years and I had quite a few reminders at the start of that period. To stop this constant flow I telephoned them and I was told that somebody would be around to check on my TV free life style. Of course, nobody ever came round to check in the two and half years before I did final buy a tele + licence.

Comment

Working...
                      X