• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would being rich change your life?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would being rich change your life?

If you were to make millions, how would your life improve? What would you change?

Apart from a bigger house and a flasher car, I can't think what would be better.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    If you were to make millions, how would you life improve? What would you change?

Apart from a bigger house and a flasher car, I can't think what would be better.
    I'd have a hareem of hookers on call 24 hours a day.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

If you were to make millions, how would you life improve? What would you change?

better business interests and more travel. all else would be same i think.
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

One of the best ideas for dealing with accumulated wealth is to set up a trust fund for your kids, and have it pay them by doubling whatever they earn. Can't remember who dreamt that one up - I think it was one of the dragons?

If I ever accumulate so much that I can't spend it all (and I am married, so I can't see that happening!), that is what I would love to do.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

With the future secured and no need to build a massive pension pot, I would do a PhD and go into academia. Wouldn't change anything materially.

One of my university mates made it into the rich list by starting a very succesful software company. He produces films now.

Basically it gives you a chance to do something you really want to do/enhance what you are currently doing.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

I could look at the premium p*rn rather than the free stuff
            Originally posted by cailin maith
            Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              With the future secured and no need to build a massive pension pot, I would do a PhD and go into academia. Wouldn't change anything materially.
              Same here.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Well, moving somewhere nice would mean we can entertain properly, and give me space to have a gym and musical instruments.

Also, I guess nice holidays

Work-wise, I would still do programming but programming making games I actually want to play. Might also go back to uni or something along those lines.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

If you were to make millions, how would your life improve? What would you change?

If I had millions it would enable me to:

1. Do a job I actually enjoyed as opposed to one that paid well.
                  2. Knock on effects of 1 above are increased holidays, family time, less stress, improved education, quality of life for kids etc etc.
                  3. I would change the amount of time I spend doing things that contribute to society i.e. I would do charity work, help underpriviledged kids etc etc.
                  4. I wouldn't buy a flash car but I would certainly go for a bigger/better house.

Comment

As Ian Fleming put it in one of his books (The Man With the Golden Gun?), you can have a full sized train set.

I think the major advantage would be escaping the working away from home bit when contracts are thin on the ground. Dammit, when I've got that nice kitchen / bathroom / stereo at home, I want to enjoy it, and not pay an arm and a leg for something inferior.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X