• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What is the world coming to?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jkoder View Post
    But still when you say "What's this country coming to" you should have at least an idea of where this country currently is.
    I think I know what you're getting at? ...I realise other mainly poor urban areas are used to this sort of thing so yes I do know where the country is at.

What I don't like is the fact that it has spread like a secondary cancer to an area where it wasn't previously a problem. Usually when a neighbourhood goes to the dogs the decent people move out but when there is nowhere else to go within the country it’s time to leave.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      So you were parking on double yellow lines?

You know where he lives : go round tonight and put superglue in his car locks. and paint stripper on his car.

Any idea which house it was?

If it was a yardy probably an illegal immigrant. They are the worst kind : I know so. The daily mail told me.
      I had pulled in to pick up my wife and child who were stood waiting.

Yardies are renowned for being violent little feckers who would shoot as soon as look at you, I don't need the Daily Mail to tell me that you patronising flipper.

I'm not going to put glue in his locks as I have a family and I don't want him to ‘put a cap in my ass’.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Jeez, one swallow doesn't make a summer! You lot read the mail too much
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          I had pulled in to pick up my wife and child who were stood waiting.

Yardies are renowned for being violent little flipers who would shoot as soon as look at you, I don't need the Daily Mail to tell me that you patronising flipper.

I'm not going to put glue in his locks as I have a family and I don't want him to ‘put a cap in my ass’.
          I do love it when sarcasm turns to irony.

He dosn't know where you live so how would he ever find you again?

Yardies are indeed very violent : hence lots of enemies and they/police will never know who does anything to upset them!

You should leave the uk : but remember when you get there it might be full of foreigners. Though I believe Jamaica is a good place to live.....

(is if that icon is necessary - but dont want you getting upset)

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            Jeez, one swallow doesn't make a summer! You lot read the mail too much
            I am sure HAB said something about what a swallow makes. Can someone remind me please?

Comment

Usually when a neighbourhood goes to the dogs the decent people move out but when there is nowhere else to go within the country it’s time to leave.
              As it was, the morality of their fathers, which had by degrees been forgotten, was utterly subverted by the introduction of a lax tone, so that all which could suffer or produce corruption was to be seen... and a degeneracy bred by foreign tastes was infecting the youth who devoted themselves to... idle loungings and low intrigues, with the encouragement of the emperor and Senate...
              - Tacitus, Annals Book XIV, A.D. 109

Comment

I just went to pick up my wife and child from a kids party but as a I pulled in to the side of the road another car started reversing towards me, not wanting to get hit I flashed and waved my hands.

The next thing I know a guy that I can only describe as a 'yardy' jumps out and starts hurling abuse in jafaken English and whacking my window, he was saying he lived there and I had no right to park outside (it was double yellows??), all this with my wife trying to put my crying one year old in the back seat.

I live in a quiet Somerset town BTW, god knows what it's like in a rough urban area?

This country is turning into a crime ridden tuliphole, last one out turn off the light.
                Why didnt you wind your windows down and first put your hand out and say "chill gangsta!" - that would have broken the ice - then you could have engaged in reasonable debate. Was he trying to reverse into HIS driveway? If so that may have had something to do with it?

Comment

It sounds like you were breaking the law yourself, parking on double yellows.

You could try parking legally - and suggest to your wife that she waits somewhere that you are legally permitted to stop.

I've seen serious collisions happen because somebody chose to stop on double yellows when it was convenient for them, and another driver who, quite legitimately, didn't expect them to be there saw them too late.

Frankly, I'm astonished that you put your child at such risk - what would have happened to your wife and child if you'd been rear-ended as she was putting him/her in the back of the car at a place where the lines indicate you mustn't park? The lines aren't there to inconvenience you; they're there to enhance the safety of all road users, including you.

Next time, think of your child. Your behaviour was thoroughly irresponsible.

(And before anybody starts with "Well, it's the other driver's fault for not keeping proper observation" - yup, should work nicely in court. Won't get the child back from the cemetery though.)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You could try parking legally - and suggest to your wife that she waits somewhere that you are legally permitted to stop.

I've seen serious collisions happen because somebody chose to stop on double yellows when it was convenient for them, and another driver who, quite legitimately, didn't expect them to be there saw them too late.

Frankly, I'm astonished that you put your child at such risk - what would have happened to your wife and child if you'd been rear-ended as she was putting him/her in the back of the car at a place where the lines indicate you mustn't park? The lines aren't there to inconvenience you; they're there to enhance the safety of all road users, including you.

(And before anybody starts with "Well, it's the other driver's fault for not keeping proper observation" - yup, should work nicely in court. Won't get the child back from the cemetery though.)
                    Whilst I agrre with everything you said : I would still go and put superglue in his locks. He could have voiced his objections slightly differently.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Sanctimonious claptrap, so you have never pulled onto double yellows just for a few seconds?

It was residential street with cars parked all the way along apart from an area either side of a very small access lane where there are double yellows, I pulled in front of a parked car so there was no chance of being rear ended.

The guy pulled onto double yellows as did I, he wanted to reverse back into the space now occupied by me which was still double yellows so he was in the act of parking illegally where as my 'crime' was only temporary.

This isn't about the rules of the road it's about anti social threatening behaviour and how it has spread across the land to places where it didn't previously exist. It seems some people on here aren't in the slightest bit 'bovered' by this cancer and would rather point out my heinous irresponsibility for stopping for a few seconds were I shouldn't, this leads me to think that the battle has already been lost.

Comment

Working...
                      X