• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fatal Nu Liebour mistake - not joining euro while economy was booming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    "Sponging"

So we are very similar aren't we.

You can do better than that BB.

I can just imagine the pro Euro candidate coming to the door and telling me that the UK should join the Euro.

"Well why?" I ask
    Canvasser says:
    "Because I know this snotty little foreigner who wants to come and work here who doesnt have a work permit"
    to which I reply:
    "Apart from the fact that I am not interested in the welfare of some snotty little foreigner, what has this got to do with Britain joining the Euro???"
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      Permit? Second class citizen? What has that got to do with the euro?

I didn't have any of that trouble when I decided to go and work in Germany 15 years ago. That was long before the euro was introduced.
      I wish to have the freedom to be either in the UK or Germany or wherever, it is much easier with a single currency otherwise if I have savings or earnings in the UK and the pound goes down the plug hole, so does a siginficant proportion of my savings.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

I wish to have the freedom to be either in the UK or Germany or wherever, it is much easier with a single currency otherwise if I have savings or earnings in the UK and the pound goes down the plug hole, so does a siginficant proportion of my savings.
        Funnily enough the people of Britain are not really interested in what is good for you.
        Try again.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Funnily enough the people of Britain are not really interested in what is good for you.
          Try again.
          Right terribly sorry I didn't realise you were the collective persona of the entire British population.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Right terribly sorry I didn't realise you were the collective persona of the entire British population.
            I am not but your interests are not what the British population is really interested in, or am I missing something? the majority of the British population do not want Britain to join the Euro. You still havent explained why the Uk should join the Euro, nor have you explained how Britain joining the Euro would suddenly entitle you to work here?

Comment

...aha I'm the only British person doing business in Europe.

didn't realise.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Great points dodgy.

The ECB (based in Frankfurt, Germany) will happily watch the rest of the EU go bust as long as Germanys ok.
                WHS - then they will complete their grab for power. They couldn't win 2 World Wars, now they have to resort to spineless Brussels Beuraucrats to do their dirty work !
                Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                  WHS - then they will complete their grab for power. They couldn't win 2 World Wars, now they have to resort to spineless Brussels Beuraucrats to do their dirty work !
                  Dodgy....that is why I argue on here.

ace has just demonstrated the sort of Xenophobic tripe that I object to in the arguments.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Dodgy....that is why I argue on here.

ace has just demonstrated the sort of Xenophobic tripe that I object to in the arguments.
                    I'm sure the Bolsheviks of Brussels and their Kraut masters will be only too glad to know they have a potential 5th columnist to spread their communist idealogy!
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
                      I'm sure the Bolsheviks of Brussels and their Kraut masters will be only too glad to know they have a potential 5th columnist to spread their communist idealogy!
                      woh !
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X