• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory MP arrested

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/w...-200811281425/

Incidentally how do you post a link with a title/description rather than just the hyperlink text?

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Incidentally how do you post a link with a title/description rather than just the hyperlink text?
      Easy way is to use the 'Insert Link' button when you are writing a post.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

That just brings up a Type drop down and the http hyperlink field. On other forums I've seen a comment field which adds the text to display as the link.

To be honest I've never paid any attention to how the link is coded and I'm looking for the 2 minute training wheels primer

Comment

I'm no geek, but this is child's play:

Click 'Insert Link'

Paste in the URL of your choice

Click OK

It then appears in the post, but the URL is highlighted

Type over the highlighted section with the words you would like to use to describe your URL

Easy-peasy!

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post

Click on the "globe on a piperclip" icon, and paste the URL in the first field.

Then when it plugs the "URL" string in your text replace the highlighted URL with your text. A "URL" block is the same in principle as an HTML "a" block.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Cheers I'll try that next time I get the urge to post a link

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                I'm not sure of the law on this but wouldn't it be covered by Parliamentary Privilege?
                I'm no lawyer, but doesn't that only cover stuff said in Parliament itself?
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                  Its turning into an Orwellian nightmare, if you see Gordon on all fours grunting muttering to himself "two legs good, four legs bad" - you know its all over for us.
                  Well, you will be ok then Roland Rat

Seriously though, I an glad MPs are finally falling foul to their own legislation and invasion of civil liberties.
                  'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                  Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
                    Seriously though, I an glad MPs are finally falling foul to their own legislation and invasion of civil liberties.
                    So would I be, if it were the creators of that legislation that were falling foul of it.

Comment

heh just saw this:

Comment

Working...
                      X