• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour will be re-elected in June 09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    It will never be as bad as 78
    Just wait for the National Grid to collapse early on next year. It'll be just like '78, but without the Pistols on the radio.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      If you believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility then you are essentially a Tory

If you believe that society (the state) owes you a living then you vote labour.

I am not sure we need another Maggie just yet, but we will one day with the state taking over more and more of our lives (the banking sector, rising taxes, incompetent Labour government).

Although I am not one of these little hypocrites constantly criticise the woman that made the reforms from which they have so profited, I do at least appreciate her achievements according to the context of the situation as it was then.

It annoys me that these revolting little hypocrites (Shimano) will attach any tenuous problem to Maggie just to hide their hypocrisy.

My own opinion with regards to Maggie is that I liked what sho stood for and I admired her courage. However the country should never have needed someone like her in the first place. So you liily livered little "oh so caring" hypocrites who not only want to greedily keep hold of your personal wealth, whilst at the same time keeping your consciences clear, go off and vote liberal or NL, then when we get another Maggie you can blame only yourselves.

WHS

I always laugh when some anti tory moron blames a prime minister of 20 years ago for current ills. It is party loyalty gone mad.

I cant wait to read SA's response to DS's question.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
        WHS

I always laugh when some anti tory moron blames a prime minister of 20 years ago for current ills. It is party loyalty gone mad.

I cant wait to read SA's response to DS's question.

Google is in overdrive
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          Just wait for the National Grid to collapse early on next year. It'll be just like '78, but without the Pistols on the radio.
          Grid won't collapse, generated capacity will (but not next year). Answer will be to buy from France.

This time round, rolling power cust would get people in the streets. They can stand the cold and dark, but resetting all the clock in a modern home every day would drive people crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
            Grid won't collapse, generated capacity will (but not next year). Answer will be to buy from France.

This time round, rolling power cust would get people in the streets. They can stand the cold and dark, but resetting all the clock in a modern home every day would drive people crazy.
            Shall we return to this, mid march, and see who was correct?

I agree once it does happen, it'll be the constant resetting of video recorders that'll cause the riots.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
              Except The Pistols hardly ever got played on the radio and the lights weren't going out either - the power cuts and 3 day week were in the early 70s Tory government.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                Except The Pistols hardly ever got played on the radio and the lights weren't going out either - the power cuts and 3 day week were in the early 70s Tory government.
                It was indeed, in the winter of 73/74 when the unions held them to ransom. I remember it. In March 1974 Heath went to the country asking "Who runs Britain, the government or the unions?" and got the answer "The unions".

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  If you believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility then you are essentially a Tory

If you believe that society (the state) owes you a living then you vote labour.

I am not sure we need another Maggie just yet, but we will one day with the state taking over more and more of our lives (the banking sector, rising taxes, incompetent Labour government).

Although I am not one of these little hypocrites constantly criticise the woman that made the reforms from which they have so profited, I do at least appreciate her achievements according to the context of the situation as it was then.

It annoys me that these revolting little hypocrites (Shimano) will attach any tenuous problem to Maggie just to hide their hypocrisy.

My own opinion with regards to Maggie is that I liked what sho stood for and I admired her courage. However the country should never have needed someone like her in the first place. So you liily livered little "oh so caring" hypocrites who not only want to greedily keep hold of your personal wealth, whilst at the same time keeping your consciences clear, go off and vote liberal or NL, then when we get another Maggie you can blame only yourselves.

Comment

Working...
                  X