• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour will be re-elected in June 09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    nobber

Rather you than me
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It will soon be 1978 all over again. Possibly twice as bad. Getting out of it will again require hard decisions and years of pain.

Whoever sorts it out will get no credit from some quarters. Makes you wonder why anyone would bother.

Comment

It will never be as bad as 78

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          If you believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility then you are essentially a Tory

If you believe that society (the state) owes you a living then you vote labour.

I am not sure we need another Maggie just yet, but we will one day with the state taking over more and more of our lives (the banking sector, rising taxes, incompetent Labour government).

Although I am not one of these little hypocrites constantly criticise the woman that made the reforms from which they have so profited, I do at least appreciate her achievements according to the context of the situation as it was then.

It annoys me that these revolting little hypocrites (Shimano) will attach any tenuous problem to Maggie just to hide their hypocrisy.

My own opinion with regards to Maggie is that I liked what sho stood for and I admired her courage. However the country should never have needed someone like her in the first place. So you liily livered little "oh so caring" hypocrites who not only want to greedily keep hold of your personal wealth, whilst at the same time keeping your consciences clear, go off and vote liberal or NL, then when we get another Maggie you can blame only yourselves.
          I dont think I have disaggreed with so many sentences in one single post since that ID Cards thread!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
            I dont think I have disaggreed with so many sentences in one single post since that ID Cards thread!
            so explain then SA
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I still think Gordo will bottle it again, and hold on into 2010. By that time there'll be a fair few more people unemployed, and (possibly) the Tories will have got their act together again. I can't see Gordo being re-elected.
              Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Gordon probably will still be PM in 2010...but by a hair. The conservatives have no one with any experience....just a bunch of kids really.

High unemployment, high taxes...deja vu baby!

Oh well...back to Canada for me.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
                  we need a Maggie

You Tory boys make I larf. Maggie was the one who began this boom and bust nonsense by deregulating financial services - NL just perpetuated it to its logical conclusion.

And no, I'm not a NL advocate either, but get real FFS!
                  100% agree and I'm not a NL advocate either

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Gordon Brown is going to get away with it. The majority of UK voters believe:

1. The USA has caused all the UK's problems, not Gordon
                    2. Gordon is the only man with the experience and ability to get us through it
                    3. Gordon is in charge of the world recovery
                    4. The Tories have nothing to contribute

Next June is probably the optimum point for an election, as Gordon's emergency giveaway budget is still fresh in the mind, and is still postponing the inevitable Sterling and UK economy crises.

Anything wrong with my logic?
                    I think enough will see through him

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                      The conservatives have no one with any experience
                      Just like NL in 1997 then.

I can't believe people are falling for this "experience" spin from GB.

The yanks rejected the same BS and voted for change.

Comment

Working...
                      X