• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Labour will be re-elected in June 09

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    They can say stuff, but are an unknown quantity due to massive lack of experience. How many of the shadow cabinet were in powerful positions last time they were in power?
    By that logic though there would never be a change in government...
    Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Ravello View Post
      By that logic though there would never be a change in government...
      I think citing lack of experience for a reason not to vote tory is daft when there are many other valid reasons.
      Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Are you trying to tell me there was no boom/bust before maggie?
        I am saying that there was no consumer / house price 'bust' based upon unregulated personal lending. That all changed when the tories started to deregulate things.

NL just kept it going and going whilst claiming to have eliminated all risk. Yeah right.

So another Maggie would be totally pointless in this context as her policies ultimately led us to this disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          I am saying that there was no consumer / house price 'bust' based upon unregulated personal lending. That all changed when the tories started to deregulate things.

NL just kept it going and going whilst claiming to have eliminated all risk. Yeah right.

So another Maggie would be totally pointless in this context as her policies ultimately led us to this disaster.
          They just found other ways of going bust......

Maggie deregulation stopping market inefficiencies - until BT privatised you had to wait months for a phone line. But it was fine as she balanced the budget.

It was that idiot Lamont who wrecked everything......

Comment

Well privatisation may have given us some benefits it isn't really related to the point in question - deregulating the personal finance arena has created this recession and was an inevitability.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
              Deregulating the personal finance arena has created this recession and was an inevitability.
              Hmmm! If dereglation was so bad, why haven't NL acted during the 11 years they have been in power?!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang View Post
                Hmmm! If dereglation was so bad, why haven't NL acted during the 11 years they have been in power?!
                Too busy with their noses in the trough and handing out gongs to those who fund them?

Comment

Precisely what I have said Mustang

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
                    I think citing lack of experience for a reason not to vote tory is daft when there are many other valid reasons.
                    If you believe in individual freedom and personal responsibility then you are essentially a Tory

If you believe that society (the state) owes you a living then you vote labour.

I am not sure we need another Maggie just yet, but we will one day with the state taking over more and more of our lives (the banking sector, rising taxes, incompetent Labour government).

Although I am not one of these little hypocrites constantly criticise the woman that made the reforms from which they have so profited, I do at least appreciate her achievements according to the context of the situation as it was then.

It annoys me that these revolting little hypocrites (Shimano) will attach any tenuous problem to Maggie just to hide their hypocrisy.

My own opinion with regards to Maggie is that I liked what sho stood for and I admired her courage. However the country should never have needed someone like her in the first place. So you liily livered little "oh so caring" hypocrites who not only want to greedily keep hold of your personal wealth, whilst at the same time keeping your consciences clear, go off and vote liberal or NL, then when we get another Maggie you can blame only yourselves.
                    Last edited by DodgyAgent; 24 November 2008, 15:27.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

nobber

Comment

Working...
                      X