• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone here still banking with an Icelandic bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Hopefully you have a good chance, the money went out of the account which is a good sign. What day is it due in?
    If its not in my account tomorrow then its not looking good, if not in by Thursday its not comming. I've read that some customers had transactions reversed and they can see it on there statement, I haven't seen it on my mine though.

Comment

Was it chaps then? bacs takes around 3 days
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Kaupthing Edge is totally covered by the Uk Financial copensation scheme unlike Icesave were the first £16k is due from the Icelandic compensation scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Was it chaps then? bacs takes around 3 days
          BACS payment, I couldn't pick CHAPS at the time as the site was having problems.

Comment

I feel for you mate.

My potential loss is small compared to yours.

I'm just hoping the Icelandic authorities honour their compensation scheme - don't mind waiting a few months if they do.

Comment

Sorry for the UK savers affected but if the mjea were inundated with poor plebs not getting their money from Iceland, GB will be found foating in the water ala Robert Maxwell style by the end of the month.

Comment

The £ didn't turn up According to the banks they didnt recieve 1 ICESAVE BACS/CHAPS over night says it all really. This feels like a living nightmare, I'm wipped out financially, and its my own fault, I know it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                  The £ didn't turn up According to the banks they didnt recieve 1 ICESAVE BACS/CHAPS over night says it all really. This feels like a living nightmare, I'm wipped out financially, and its my own fault, I know it is.
                  The money must be somewhere. You said it left your iceland account. It may take soem time to push 200K through the wires.

Don't fold just yet.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    Have you tried contacting BACS ?
                    http://www.bacs.co.uk/BACS/Corporate/Contact+us/

When was the original transfer initiated?
                    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
                      The money must be somewhere. You said it left your iceland account. It may take soem time to push 200K through the wires.

Don't fold just yet.
                      The general view now is that ICESAVE reversed transaction made after Friday, what a bunch of ******* b*stards they are.

Comment

Working...
                      X