• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK Book Club: Currently reading...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Mythos" by Stephen Fry. Enjoying it a lot
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I'm reading the The Mortal Word (The Invisible Library series Book 5). I've liked all of the books in this series and same for this one, easy read.

I'm desperate to find some great sci-fi or fantasy books. I think I've gone through most of them.
      Janny Wurts The Empire Series trilogy was good, had an overlap with Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga (he co-authored The Empire books). I still think Feist's book, Magician, is a brilliant story.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Janny Wurts The Empire Series trilogy was good, had an overlap with Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga (he co-authored The Empire books). I still think Feist's book, Magician, is a brilliant story.
        Thank you, have bought the Empire Series trilogy for the Kindle and the Magician. I owe you a pint.

Comment

My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk. I do like his books.
          England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            "The Mitrokhin Archive", being a tale of KGB naughtiness.
            From The Other Side of Lockdown, it's finally read.

Stone me, that was hard work in parts, many parts.

Pretty good way of sending yourself to sleep on a postprandial sunny afternoon.

<hiatus>

Next: "Legacy of Ashes: The History of the CIA" by Tim Weiner.

<reading hiatus>

Stone me, the CIA Septics are even crazier than one might have imagined.

In fact, some were actually crazy crazy as in locked up in mental "Sanatoriums" & brain zapped.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 April 2020, 08:49.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Exercise Cygnus

Russia Report

Or not...

Basically just reading anything that's lying around but mainly going through all my Tom Sharpe and Carl Hiaasen books
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving which I've been meaning to read for ages but never got around to.
                England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Thank you, have bought the Empire Series trilogy for the Kindle and the Magician.

Comment

The Plague, Albert Camus
                    Describes events from the 1940s, offers good insights for the present

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                      Tales of the Alhambra by Washington Irving which I've been meaning to read for ages but never got around to.
                      interesting Novel -and as it happens I visited the Alhambra back in February - remarkable place. Amazing.

Comment

Working...
                      X