• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Eid everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Sorry mate but I'm roping you in to help me organise this next one.
    Aaarghhh

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      Ramadan is finished and today is first day of Eid - happy Eid..

According to my sources Eid does not start until tomorrow.

Are you sure you are a muslim?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        According to my sources Eid does not start until tomorrow.

Are you sure you are a muslim?
        It started yesterday BP

HTH
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          It started yesterday BP

HTH
          Depends on where you are based.

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/2008/08/ramadan_2008.html

Personally I shall be celebratring it tomorrow.....

Comment

Depends on where you are based.

http://www.nmm.ac.uk/rog/2008/08/ramadan_2008.html

Personally I shall be celebratring it tomorrow.....
            I won't.

Fair play to all Muslims out there and congratulations on completing your fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              I won't.

Fair play to all Muslims out there and congratulations on completing your fast!
              You have to fast!!!

I suppose if it was just missing snacks (fasting between meals) I might just manage....

Comment

You have to fast!!!

I suppose if it was just missing snacks (fasting between meals) I might just manage....
                It is fasting between meals. Nice big breakfast before sunrise, sumptuous meal after sunset.

I had some colleagues doing a project in Morocco during Ramadam. They said the previously helpful and kind co-workers turned into miserable, irritable gits. A sort of Pre-Eid-Tension, I guess.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Speaking of meals - for the CUK do - why don't we go somewhere and have a slap up Christmas dinner with crackers, hats, the lot? I could investigate something along those lines? What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                    Speaking of meals - for the CUK do - why don't we go somewhere and have a slap up Christmas dinner with crackers, hats, the lot? I could investigate something along those lines? What do you think?
                    I second that motion

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      I had some colleagues doing a project in Morocco during Ramadam. They said the previously helpful and kind co-workers turned into miserable, irritable gits. A sort of Pre-Eid-Tension, I guess.
                      Same thing here happens over Xmas dear, 2 weeks before Xmas nothing gets done - everyone miserabel trying to find the right present, and 2 weeks after Xmas nothing gets done as employees deal with the back-logs and deal with their post new year depression.

Its accepted that work really slows down during Dec/early Jan due to the festivities, so why are you criticising other people's festivities, even though it was in their own country...

Comment

Working...
                      X