• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Eid everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Now take your god and your religious best wishes somewhere else.
    Bit harsh old chap. We say Happy Crimbo, so why not celebrate Eid? And Diwali (spelling?) while we're at it. Heck - make them Bank Holidays.

Harmless enough IMO.

BTW - need to have a proper chat with you about the website... conscious that it's dragged on.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      It was dire. Service was terrible. Waited over half hour for starters. Main was cold. Awful.
      Fair play to him, he's just a burger van grunt made good, so one shouldn't expect too much.

However... I have dined twice at Le Manoir, run by ace tw@t Raymond Blanc. First time was as it should be: elegant, unrushed, convivial, relaxed, excellent service and extraordinarily good food and wine.

Second time: Too much time on the telly, M. Blanc, and not enough in the f--king kitchen. I ordered some sort of pasta dish with grated truffle... to replicate the dish I was served, boil up a few kilos of Happy Shopper pasta, stand in its gloopy water until nearly cold, stir in something brown and stringy, and garnish with grated tramps' bunions, then allow a toerag on the run from a borstal to serve it up. I refused to pay. Never been back.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        ...hateful members of the BB.
        What hate? Sounds like the normal intolerant religious banter that characterises these forums. No need to feel singled out.

I'll take the mickey out of a thread wishing everyone a happy chinese new year as well - and that's not even religious.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You should work for the Core Diplomatique TLG.

I would have just told him to shove his barbaric creed up his fundament.
          WHS

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Fair play to him, he's just a burger van grunt made good, so one shouldn't expect too much.

However... I have dined twice at Le Manoir, run by ace tw@t Raymond Blanc. First time was as it should be: elegant, unrushed, convivial, relaxed, excellent service and extraordinarily good food and wine.

Second time: Too much time on the telly, M. Blanc, and not enough in the f--king kitchen. I ordered some sort of pasta dish with grated truffle... to replicate the dish I was served, boil up a few kilos of Happy Shopper pasta, stand in its gloopy water until nearly cold, stir in something brown and stringy, and garnish with grated tramps' bunions, then allow a toerag on the run from a borstal to serve it up. I refused to pay. Never been back.

Only been to Le Manoir once. Never going again.

You're right. These TV chef clowns are so busy building up their celeb status that the food goes to hell.

Charlatans the lot of 'em.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

You should work for the Core Diplomatique TLG...

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                Bit harsh old chap. We say Happy Crimbo, so why not celebrate Eid? And Diwali (spelling?) while we're at it. Heck - make them Bank Holidays.

Harmless enough IMO.

BTW - need to have a proper chat with you about the website... conscious that it's dragged on.
                Indeed, Happy Flying Spaghetti Monster day - may you be touched by His noodly appendage.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
                  Preach your toot elsewhere, then.
                  AMEN.
                  "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Happy Jewish New Year.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...e-holiday.html

Comment

Only been to Le Manoir once. Never going again.

You're right. These TV chef clowns are so busy building up their celeb status that the food goes to hell.

Charlatans the lot of 'em.
                      You see, there's History at play here...
                      Blanc trained Marco Pierre White.
                      White left his employ and set-up on his own.
                      White employs Gordon Ramsay.
                      Ramsay left his employ and set-up on his own.
                      Ramsay gets famous on the telly, mainly for swearing and being media savvy.
                      White has about 15 heart attacks owing to apoplectic rage and then gets on the telly.
                      Blanc can't believe what's happening: his protégé & his protégé's protégé are more famous and earning more than he is! The f--ks!
                      Blanc goes on telly, but wards off the charge of wannabe by sporting a bowtie.
                      Kitchens suffer.

The End.

Comment

Working...
                      X