• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy Eid everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    We're a happy, inclusive BB here. If you subscribe to a certain religion, feel free to post your good wishes to every other **** who doesn't GIS.
    I noticed something though - no one rushed to post hatful messages and telling the poster to shove it !!! wonder why??

May be some festivities are more equal than others

(Animal Farm)

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
      I noticed something though - no one rushed to post hatful messages and telling the poster to shove it !!! wonder why??

May be some festivities are more equal than others

(Animal Farm)
      Maybe it's because you use your "religion" as a stick to beat us with and we're sick of it?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        The Eid and the Jewish New Year coincide this year. Isn't that nice.

btw, SD, what the blazes was that about pooh? Ah, ok. "The Tao of Pooh". Not read it myself. Prefer "Now we are six".
        Really nice NAT - If you didn't know Islam and Judaism are very similar in everything, I love reading the old testament...

never been against a Jews, but against Israelis politics!!

Comment

Maybe it's because you use your "religion" as a stick to beat us with and we're sick of it?
          Or may be the problem is you?? May be your likes showered muslims with such hateful messages that they had to use their stick?? which came first the chicken or the egg??

Comment

Or maybe Sandy is a troll (avatar + mentioning Islamism at every opportunity).

I think Sandy is another Dim Prawn alt.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Sandydown - you haven't stopped fasting yet have you? Or did Ramadan end yesterday?
              Eid ul Fitr (1 Shawwal)
              This marks the end of Ramadan, the month of fasting, and is a festival of great celebration. In Islamic countries it is a public holiday. The first Eid was celebrated in 624 CE by the Prophet Mohammed (pbuh) with his friends and relatives.

Muslims are not only celebrating the end of fasting, but thanking Allah for the help and strength that he gave them throughout the previous month to help them practice self-control.

The festival begins when the first sight of the new moon is seen in the sky.

Muslims in most countries rely on news of an official sighting, rather than looking at the sky themselves.

Eid ul Fitr is very mucha community festival and people go out into the streets to exchange greetings, and visit friends and relatives.

The celebratory atmosphere is increased by everyone wearing best or new clothes, and decorating their homes. There are special services out of doors and in Mosques, processions through the streets, and of course, a special celebratory meal—eaten during daytime, the first daytime meal Muslims will have had in a month.

Eid is also a time of forgiveness, and making amends.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
                sure - all non-alcoholic though, natural wonderful nutritious fruit and veg cocktails
                and will make some home made Baklava plus other treats
                Excellent! meet at 3pm today?

Comment

So I take it this night at the opera was before your conversion?
                  stone her!!!

and bogey, Dim has some class (albeit a very small amount).
                  Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                    Or maybe Sandy is a troll (avatar + mentioning Islamism at every opportunity).

I think Sandy is another Dim Prawn alt.
                    Dont be silly! No-one would not dare post using another of their SPs after the warning yesterday.

Oh hang on - you said DP. I take your point.....

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
                      stone her!!!

and bogey, Dim has some class (albeit a very small amount).
                      There's just something reminiscent of the Prawn in the wording and sentence construction.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X