• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! - Just bought a load of HBOS ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Go away. The big boys are playing.

Not big boys for long methinks !!

Comment

Go away. The big boys are playing.
      sas, sell now and upgrade the Aygo to a Yaris.

Comment

Sticking - for now ....
        Market going to bounce around until the Fed announces at 1:15pm EST. Might get a pop up after that, but UK markets will be closed so you'll not be able to get out.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          sas, sell now and upgrade the Aygo to a Yaris.
          The way it's shooting up I may buy a Merc.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Market going to bounce around until the Fed announces at 1:15pm EST. Might get a pop up after that, but UK markets will be closed so you'll not be able to get out.
            Which way will they swing? Opinions? I would think unchanged.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
              You forget that HBOS has already had access for months to BofE funding, which Northern Rock was denied. That is one reason why HBOS' demise has been slowed down. You are slightly naive.
              As have all the other banks. The take up in the last round was pitiful.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

May hold till tomorrow. If good, I'll take it, if not I'll hold medium term.
                I doubt HBOS will go bust, at these prices definitely undervalued.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The price will rise a bit before the end of the day when a sensible person should sell, and a sell-off will start again tomorrow and the price will be sub 1 pound next week.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    As have all the other banks. The take up in the last round was pitiful.

The take up TODAY on 20 Billion pounds was OVERSUBSCRIBED.

Comment

May hold till tomorrow. If good, I'll take it, if not I'll hold medium term.
                      I doubt HBOS will go bust, at these prices definitely undervalued.
                      Which is it ?

It was tempting to have a dabble but I've vowed ( after being burned ) never to chase a price down, I bought some in the last round of panic !

Comment

Working...
                      X