• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! - Just bought a load of HBOS ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm on a roll here!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      These funding allowances by the BofE are special measures.
      No, it's what a central bank does.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

more misery, looking like tough times ahead until the dust settles

looking in region of 4800-4900 until mid next week then upto 5100, slowly creeping up to 5400 inside a few weeks

UNTIL the next one falls

Comment

Have you sold yet?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Because the LIBOR rate has rocketed following the Lehmans collapse and that £20 billion was only made available Today. It has no relevence at all to anything prior to that.

The central banks are injecting cash into the markets to help ensure liquidity in the face of rising rates, not to shore up individual institutions.

The Central Banks have been pumping additional funding into the markets for the past 18 MONTHS, except for the BofE that only did so a year ago after the Northern Rock debacle. I repeat, you are in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
              Have you sold yet?
              No will sell at 190
              Looks like an expensive champagne supper today....
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                No, it's what a central bank does.
                It's what a Central Bank should do as Lender of the Last Resort and other Central Banks have been doing, but unfortunately the BofE refused to do until after the Northern Rock debacle.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  No will sell at 190
                  Looks like an expensive champagne supper today....
                  Now thats a good days work
                  The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    It's what a Central Bank should do as Lender of the Last Resort and other Central Banks have been doing, but unfortunately the BofE refused to do until after the Northern Rock debacle.
                    You're confusing loans of last resort etc with the normal funding/lending processes of running a central bank.

There's a really good training course you can go on called "How the City Works" or something like that. Perhaps you would benefit from attending?
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      You're confusing loans of last resort etc with the normal funding/lending processes of running a central bank.

There's a really good training course you can go on called "How the City Works" or something like that. Perhaps you would benefit from attending?
                      He might as well stick his face close to a hairdryer stuck on cold air.
                      T'would be like a cold draft of air passed right over his head
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X