• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! - Just bought a load of HBOS ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The price will rise a bit before the end of the day when a sensible person should sell, and a sell-off will start again tomorrow and the price will be sub 1 pound next week.
    Rubbish. Where are you getting this info from? HBOS are fundamentally sound. Troubled, but sound.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      May hold till tomorrow. If good, I'll take it, if not I'll hold medium term.
      I doubt HBOS will go bust, at these prices definitely undervalued.

Northern Rock was considered undervalued by hedge fund RAB and others. Some people never learn.

Comment

You forget that HBOS has already had access for months to BofE funding, which Northern Rock was denied. That is one reason why HBOS' demise has been slowed down. You are slightly naive.
        Which they didnt use becasue they didn't, and still don't, need it. All the major banks had access to the BofE funding, none of them made any real use of it.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Rubbish. Where are you getting this info from? HBOS are fundamentally sound. Troubled, but sound.

Ah, that's all right then, because Realityhack says everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Which they didnt use becasue they didn't, and still don't, need it. All the major banks had access to the BofE funding, none of them made any real use of it.

20 Billion oversubscribed TODAY, and you are still in denial !!

Comment

The take up TODAY on 20 Billion pounds was OVERSUBSCRIBED.
              So your point about HBOS being subject to special measures was complete BS then?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Ah, that's all right then, because Realityhack says everything is ok.
                http://forums.contractoruk.com/631345-post8.html
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                  So your point about HBOS being subject to special measures was complete BS then?

These funding allowances by the BofE are special measures.

Comment

What does the panel think about the FTSE tomorrow? after 3.9% yesterday and 2.9% odd today - are we looking at a rebound? or more misery?
                    The mind is its own place, and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven

Comment

Because the LIBOR rate has rocketed following the Lehmans collapse and that £20 billion was only made available Today. It has no relevence at all to anything prior to that.

The central banks are injecting cash into the markets to help ensure liquidity in the face of rising LIBOR rates, not to shore up individual institutions.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X