• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bored at work?? Have a meeting... Noooo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In an emergency situation like this set off the Fire Alarms or get an anonymous PAYG sim and phone in a bomb/anthrax/nerve gas threat.

There's a risk that the meeting wil get held outside in the emergency assembly area though so slink off to the pub.

Comment

Right, this is tried and tested. Don't tell anyone else as it won't work...

- Set your phone alarm tone for 5 past the hour.
      - Turn up, wait 5 minutes.
      - Your phone goes off.
      - Stand up looking embarrased and mutter "sorry, important call. its Jenkins (or any other important sounding name)
      - Grab a pen and paper and scuttle off out of the room
      - Now go for a coffee, fag, local strip joint, whatever.
      - Duck back into the room 5 mins before the meeting is due to end, remember to raise your eyebrows as if you've just had a really hard and tiring important call from the boss
      - Meeting ends

You've attended the meeting, skipped the boring parts and made sure you werent there long enough to take any actions.

Better go, I have a meeting in 5.

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
        R

Better go, I have a meeting in 5.
        That's alright, we'll touch base later so I can give you the list of actions you picked up during your absence.

Comment

I had a client meeting today at the other office for 14:30 so I thought I could sneak home early. It's just been moved to 16:00
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Ex-clientcorp once had a company-wide meeting, held on the floor where I worked. About five to one, the place started filling up with permies.

On the stroke of one I got up, put on my coat and headed for the door, incidentally passing the CEO as she came walking in to address the masses.

This alone seemed to confuse some of the permies. They were even more taken aback when I returned twenty minutes later, sat at my desk with my back to the ongoing presentation, and proceeded to eat a Fuzzy's roast dinner whilst reading CUK

Comment

Say you're having your period.

Edit:...and you don't want to bleed all over the meeting room.
              Last edited by Moose423956; 12 September 2008, 14:43.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I like your style... did you work there much longer after that?
                Yup

Comment

Working...
                X