• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I am socially inept...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
    Well. Went to the wedding last night. Didn't take a present - was informed it wasn't required as becuase it was the last of the daughters to get married each was allowed to bring 8 friends so plenty of people in the same position as me.

It was an amazing night. The evening entertainment was a hard rock band and a BBQ!

After having seen the bride moshing I think I've seen it all. Suppose they should have explained that the bride+groom were heavy metalists so it all starts to make sense.

Still top class shin dig all round.
    You said you weren't experienced with weddings - just to let you know that is absolutely not on/tight as a ducks butt behaviour. Even if you're told not to, you do. What does it take to show a little gratitude? That was low! And you're a contractor!!! FFS
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by mailric View Post
      take an empty box and stick on the presents table. ifyou get there late enough they'll never remember which pressie you took.
      Further to this another trick is to put a card on the table with a piece of sellotape on it. Invariably there will be gifts separated from cards so you'll be guaranteed a generic "thank you" card.

*incidentally this doesn't excuse your not taking anything you tight arse!!
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'd take the Ebola virus.

And a camcorder, obviously.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          You said you weren't experienced with weddings - just to let you know that is absolutely not on/tight as a ducks butt behaviour. Even if you're told not to, you do. What does it take to show a little gratitude? That was low! And you're a contractor!!! FFS
          Yep. The brides sister told me not to take one. I followed instructions.

I never even spoke to the Bride/Groom I was just ancillary entertainment for the brides sister to stop her from getting bored.

Comment

Working...
          X