• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who's sick to death of the Olympics already?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new streamlined body suits female swimmers wear have probably ruined the swimming. Especially if they are black, which means you can't see anything at all

Comment

it's all a bit of a freak show, really

I'm bored by the sports, I just watch it to be entertained in other ways. Like marathon runners taking a poop on the way, and so on. Full of tragedies.

Comment

I love The Olympics me, now I don't have to do it any more.

All those muscle-bound-tulip-for-brains-intellectually-deficient-failures-who-think-they're-winners-because-they-jumped-over-something-marginally-higher-or-moved-slightly-faster-over-some-distance-than-some-other-intellectually-deficient-failure-who-is-as-they-are-unfit-in-a-civilised-society-to-be-anything-more than-a-sports-teacher-and-who-in-such-a-rôle-would-then-demonstrate-their-sense-of-their-own-inadequacy-by-sadistically-tormenting-those-children-of-lesser-physical-adequacy-after-the-manner-of-those-who-trained-the-Hitler-Jugend-

Well, I must admit they're an inspiration to me.

Last edited by NickFitz; 9 August 2008, 02:15. Reason: No umlaut on the u of jugend - we live and learn

Comment

Originally posted by Fortune Green
          yukk!!!!

Comment

Always embarrassing when you spill a chocolate milkshake over your crotch.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Agree with every word. I like a bit of sport - Exterminate The Thal is my favourite - but the opening ceremony and surrounding hype makes me sick. The BBC are even hosting non-sport programs from Beijing. WTF for?

Comment

I don't understand how sport at this level is worthwhile. These people train full time for years and years to compete with other people who have done the same and someone wins by running fastest or other meaningless feat. Why is that an achievement?

Plenty of people can spend their lives training for an event, of course they're going to be good at it compared to people who haven't. It's not impressive, they just have a tedious all encompassing hobby.

It's like people in the guinness book of records, I'm pretty sure we could all cram ping pong balls into our mouths if we really worked at it but really what's the point?

Sport is for having fun. At olympic level it's twisted into a 'who wasted the most of their life' competition.

Comment

One of my favourite things about Saturdays is switching over to BBC1 and spending a few happy moments belittling, slagging off, bitching about, and generally being thoroughly nasty about the cookery show that the Beeb has inflicted upon mankind. God, how I detest the whole crappy show and all those involved in it.

But today, my morning was ruined, because Adrian Chiles and some bird were presenting some sort of GMTV-like tulipe about the Olympics, instead. Chiles is just too easy a target for me to get any hate-filled satisfaction from.

Also, Adrian Chiles & the Olympics? He may have lost a few tonnes, but Olympic pundit he ain't! Bring back the tossers and their cookery programme!

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                    I don't understand how sport at this level is worthwhile. These people train full time for years and years to compete with other people who have done the same and someone wins by running fastest or other meaningless feat. Why is that an achievement?
                    I dunno, being best in the world at something is an acheivement, even if it's something a bit pointless.

But I agree that it's a little sad that nobody can realistically be a top sportsperson without having parents that pushed them into a rigorous training schedule at a very young age and denying them any kind of normal childhood.

At least they're not still pretending to be amateurs.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

You nerdy, non-sporty, IT geeks that probably throw like girls and haven't broken a sweat in years other than on the bog do make me laugh.

Comment

Working...
                      X