• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who's sick to death of the Olympics already?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Has anyone heard if that female weightlifter is ok? It's just that I heard the commentator this morning saying that she'd got 88 kilogrammes in the snatch.

Leave a comment:

• dang65
    replied
    Has anyone heard if that female weightlifter is ok? It's just that I heard the commentator this morning saying that she'd got 88 kilogrammes in the snatch.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You nerdy, non-sporty, IT geeks that probably throw like girls and haven't broken a sweat in years other than on the bog do make me laugh.
    Well that sums me up perfectly.

It's as though we have met.

Although I throw like this:

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by Gonzo View Post

Leave a comment:

• Gonzo
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    You nerdy, non-sporty, IT geeks that probably throw like girls and haven't broken a sweat in years other than on the bog do make me laugh.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    So the 5000 BBC journos with nowt to do can waste our licence money, why else?
    You're nobody at the BBC dahling, if you're not in BJ* on a fat expense account.

*Beijing - that is.

Originally posted by Katie Melua
    There are five thousand useless tosspot BBC journos in Beijing
    That's a fact
    It's a thing we can't deny
    Like the fact that I will love you 'til I die

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    so are these anti-olympics comments coming from people who enjoy others sports, or not?
    Motor racing is fun when they crash.

Ski jumping is fun when they fall over.

That's about it, I think

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    Well speaking for myself, yes. I do enjoy other sports. Particularly rugby union and cricket.

The Olympics are not really about sport though.

know what you mean, it's a bit of a freak show, but I'm into almost all other sports

for things like the sprints, all that effort just for 10 second race,

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    As a non-telly-owner I can smugly ignore it (btw I generally dislike watching sport except cricket). What really p1sses me off is the amount of public money going into getting medal winners. What is this, the USSR? I'd far rather the money went into buying back school playing grounds or into giving the little 'uns jumpers for goalposts.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by contractor79 View Post
    so are these anti-olympics comments coming from people who enjoy others sports, or not?
    Well speaking for myself, yes. I do enjoy other sports. Particularly rugby union and cricket.

The Olympics are not really about sport though.

Leave a comment:

• contractor79
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    It's a boring load of chunder inducing monotony

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by shoes View Post
    I don't understand how sport at this level is worthwhile. These people train full time for years and years to compete with other people who have done the same and someone wins by running fastest or other meaningless feat. Why is that an achievement?
    I dunno, being best in the world at something is an acheivement, even if it's something a bit pointless.

But I agree that it's a little sad that nobody can realistically be a top sportsperson without having parents that pushed them into a rigorous training schedule at a very young age and denying them any kind of normal childhood.

At least they're not still pretending to be amateurs.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Dalek
    replied
    One of my favourite things about Saturdays is switching over to BBC1 and spending a few happy moments belittling, slagging off, bitching about, and generally being thoroughly nasty about the cookery show that the Beeb has inflicted upon mankind. God, how I detest the whole crappy show and all those involved in it.

But today, my morning was ruined, because Adrian Chiles and some bird were presenting some sort of GMTV-like tulipe about the Olympics, instead. Chiles is just too easy a target for me to get any hate-filled satisfaction from.

Also, Adrian Chiles & the Olympics? He may have lost a few tonnes, but Olympic pundit he ain't! Bring back the tossers and their cookery programme!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X