• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday afternoon science :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oh shut it you absolute twunt.
    You wouldn't know what science was if it reared up and bit you on your pimply backside.

Aaaah - abuse.

You should relax, it's nearly the weekend.
    Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      abs( -twunt ) == twunt
      wow, is that maths ?

what do you teach, o Gorny one ?

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        Aaaah - self abuse.

Time to relax, it's nearly the weekend.
        Don't forget the cleenex.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Aaaah - abuse.

You should relax, it's nearly the weekend.
          So are you pleased with how this thread turned out?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            I never forget the cleenex.
            Good for you, think it's Kleenex though.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              So are you pleased with how this thread turned out?
              I think you've let yourselves really. I'm just trying to raise the level a little bit, I am very dissapointed. I want you all to go home and have a long, hard look at where you're going, I expect a 200 word essay on Monday. Not from sasguru though, he's special and can just bring a nice drawing in crayon.
              Bored.

Comment

Little bit of science (with an admitted agenda) for a Friday avo - no sleeping at the back there!

UK temperature from 1650:
                http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/climon/data/cet/mon/13.gif

Bit of info on little ice age:
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_ice_age

Put the 2 together, do the math and you see a regularizing climate following a cool period. You also see why AGW proponents like to date from 1850.
                Interestingly, if you read what the scientists who published that graph have to say, they completely disagree with your interpretation.

E.g. "Increased concentrations of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere due to human activities are most likely the underlying cause of warming in the 20th century." - http://www.cru.uea.ac.uk/cru/info/warming/

Furthermore, the Wikipedia article you link to also states that: "Some global warming critics believe that Earth's climate is still recovering from the Little Ice Age and that human activity is not the decisive factor in present temperature trends, but this idea is not widely accepted."

So even your sources contradict your assertions.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  When has that ever stopped the village idiots on CUK?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

I think you've let yourselves really. I'm just trying to raise the level a little bit, I am very dissapointed. I want you all to go home and have a long, hard look at where you're going, I expect a 200 word essay on Monday. Not from sasguru though, he's special and can just bring a nice drawing in crayon.
                    Could it go any lower?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I know they do. Take a look at the data. Make your own conclusions rather than being spoon-fed by the media. Post them here if you like. Prove me wrong.
                      Bored.

Comment

Working...
                      X