• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday afternoon science :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watching a programme about the largest glacier in Switzerland. The glacial expert said that the glacier had shrunk almost to the size it used to be in Roman times.

Very interesting, so in the last 2 thousand years it has actually been smaller than it is today.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      You're right, I don't tolerate fools easily.
      BTW are you saying statistics is pseudo-scientific?
      No, I'm saying you're pseudo-scientific. As in thinking you're a scientist, when in fact, you're an idiot.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
        No, I'm saying you're pseudo-scientific. As in thinking you're a scientist, when in fact, you're an idiot.
        Which part of "posting an assertion and 2 links that contradict that assertion makes you a cretinous idiotic buffoon" don't you understand?
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Which part of "posting an assertion and 2 links that contradict that assertion makes you a cretinous idiotic buffoon" don't you understand?
          I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
          I answered the apparent contradiction point in an earlier post.
          Bored.

Comment

I fart in your general direction! Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!
            I must have missed it. Please do explain your "thinking" - I'm not clear what you're getting at.

Is it that you agree global temp is rising but don't agree that man-made CO2 is responsible?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Precise and to the point riposte.

I am honoured to witness the cut and thrust of such stimulating; intellectually challenging debate, between two such prodigious intellects.

Challenged ?
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                It'd be even better if it wasn't Cut'n Paste...
                Captain Cut'n'paste is clearly unable to think for himself. But then we knew that.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Captain Cut'n'paste is clearly unable to think for himself. But then we knew that.
                  "we"?

You're on your f**kin' own pal!

Comment

Is it that you agree global temp is rising but don't agree that man-made CO2 is responsible?
                    Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.

Can't believe I get sledded for cut & paste. On an internet forum
                    Bored.

Comment

Yes. Or more accurately, that atmospheric warming caused by CO2 is considerably less than 1 degree C per century.

Can't believe I get sledded for cut & paste. On an internet forum
                      I cut and paste quite often. now that the attendants let me have scissors again
                      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
                      X