• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Friday afternoon science :-(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Oh shut it you absolute twunt.
    You wouldn't know what science was if it reared up and bit you on your pimply backside.
    That's what I like to see!
    Cutting edge intellectual sparring.

Well done Sas
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
      I think you've let yourselves really. I'm just trying to raise the level a little bit, I am very dissapointed. I want you all to go home and have a long, hard look at where you're going, I expect a 200 word essay on Monday. Not from sasguru though, he's special and can just bring a nice drawing in crayon.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I know they do. Take a look at the data. Make your own conclusions rather than being spoon-fed by the media. Post them here if you like. Prove me wrong.
        OK I'll tell you why you are a twunt.
        The first graph you posted - what's the units on the y-axis?
        And what do the red and green lines mean?
        Last edited by sasguru; 1 August 2008, 14:41.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I know they do. Take a look at the data. Make your own conclusions rather than being spoon-fed by the media. Post them here if you like. Prove me wrong.
          The University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit is not "the media". It seems reasonable to think that if, having examined all of the data (not picking the bits they like, as you do), the scientists reach conclusions different to yours, then you are probably wrong and they are probably right.

Comment

Not from sasguru though, he's special and can just bring a nice drawing in crayon.
            You mean like a self portrait ?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

OK I'll tell you why you are a twunt.
              The first graph you posted - what's the units on the y-axis?
              And what do the red and green lines mean?
              Good, well done, specific questions, bit easy though. Not paying attention I think:
              1. Annual mean temperatures (UK)
              2. This image is a comparison of 10 different published reconstructions, red & green are 2 of those.

Interesting article here:

Captains’ logs yield climate clues
              Britain's great seafaring tradition is to provide a unique insight into modern climate change, thanks to thousands of Royal Navy logbooks that have survived from the 17th century onwards.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4449527.ece

No particular opinion on this as the data is not analysed yet but it should be useful. It might address a couple of my concerns with this hypothesis, namely:

1. It is established we are in a naturally warming period why do we need to blame CO2?
              2. Short-term climate variability is not new.

It should be interesting to get some good data on the little ice-age.
              Bored.

Comment

Good, well done, specific questions, bit easy though. Not paying attention I think:
                1. Annual mean temperatures (UK)
                2. This image is a comparison of 10 different published reconstructions, red & green are 2 of those.
                Interesting article here:

Captains’ logs yield climate clues
                Britain's great seafaring tradition is to provide a unique insight into modern climate change, thanks to thousands of Royal Navy logbooks that have survived from the 17th century onwards.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle4449527.ece

No particular opinion on this as the data is not analysed yet but it should be useful. It might address a couple of my concerns with this hypothesis, namely:

1. It is established we are in a naturally warming period why do we need to blame CO2?
                2. Short-term climate variability is not new.

It should be interesting to get some good data on the little ice-age.
                I suppose it should be no surprise that irony completely passes you by.
                Last edited by sasguru; 4 August 2008, 09:02.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Looks like the village idiots convention is in full swing
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I suppose it should be no surprise that irony completely passes you by.
                    What irony? You don't do irony. Sarcasm, abuse, pseudo-scientific "statistical" claptrap, check on all 3. No irony though.
                    Bored.

Comment

What irony? You don't do irony. Sarcasm, abuse, pseudo-scientific "statistical" claptrap, check on all 3. No irony though.
                      You're right, I don't tolerate fools easily.
                      BTW are you saying statistics is pseudo-scientific?
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X