• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fed up now...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    More fool them.
    You could find some of said fools and charge them to move your boxes.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      You could find some of said fools and charge them to move your boxes.
      Have a word with James T. Maybe you can borrow his transporter?

Comment

And bestest of all, it's Friiiiiday, a Bank Holiday weekend, so no more of this nonsense until Tuesday.

Comment

Morning.

Sunnyish.

Greyish.

Alternatingish.

Dry.

Cool.

Train on time at 11 minutes late.

Zero blindpersons.

Hill steep.

Nothing of note.

Skool in view.

Wednesday.

I seem to have lost track, it is Wednesday isn't it?

Om.
          Wednesday not sure, might be.
          Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

For some reason I thought of this thread after getting in to the office today.

I actually managed to get up a bit early today, but by the time I'd had breakfast, done dishes and farted around I didn't have the time nor inclination to sort out my suitcase and take it to the office. I'll have to head back to the flat this evening before I go to the airport.

As I wheezed up the steep hill that greets me at the the start of my walk every day, I noticed that the sanitary pad that has been stuck to the pavement for at least the last couple of weeks has now decayed to the point of leaving just a fairly aesthetically pleasing hourglass silhouette.

A light morning, even though the light was very grey - definitely not bright. When I passed the woman with the massive sunglasses my first reaction was distaste, then I suddenly thought of ZG's pet blind person. I'm fairly convinced that she wasn't blind, however, to anything except good taste.

Walking through Princes Street Gardens I always try to read the little plaques on the hundreds of benches as I go past. Today it made me think about how many people had to die just so that others can have somewhere nice to sit without getting grass stains.

Friday at last, and I'm working from an office closer to home next week, so don't have to fly up again on Sunday. I'll actually get to spend some time with my wife and the dog (without making any easy jokes about "and my canine companion"). However, I have just noted that instead of my now usual 30 minute walk to work, I'll have 2.5 hours of assorted train and tube gubbins each way. Deep joy.

The village fair is on tomorrow, so I expect it will rain, but who knows.

Comment

33° of sunshine here

Raining again Friday
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Lost new watch* picking strawberries last evening. Deep joy.

Different skip now adding to pavement art.

*ZeitPater found it a couple of days later.
                Last edited by zeitghost; 22 August 2016, 17:04.

Comment

Compulsory medical today. Have they got a surprise coming.

Pavement art now augmented with two skips.

Wednesday.
                  Last edited by zeitghost; 22 August 2016, 17:03.

Comment

Morning

Adult male

Razor scooter

iPhone

Down hill

It didn't end well

Not raining.
                    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Was there much blood?

Just asking like.

I was watching some lune skateboarding down the hill the other day.

I assumed he managed to stop before he went supersonic.
                      Didn't see any blood, he used some parked bikes to break his fall.
                      Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Working...
                      X