• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you talk to your partner....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you talk to your partner....

Ok had a drunken putting-the-world-to-right in the pub with GSP on Monday night.

One thing we argued over was "do people in relationships talk".

My argument was that single people are emotionally stronger (read: bitter) becuase if you have a tulip day (e.g. at work) you're on your own and have to deal with it. Where as couples, especially those living together have someone else to support them.

So by my reckoning single people having to work stuff like that out on their own makes them stronger and more able to function on thier own.

Her argument was that couples don't talk. I found that a bit hard to believe.

So a poll ensues.
    Yes
    75.00%
    No
    6.25%
    AndyW is my lover. He is a mind reader.
    18.75%
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 30 July 2008, 13:48.

If she had a crap day and I had a crap day, do you really think I want to listen to her about her crap day?
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Ok had a drunken putting-the-world-to-right in the pub with GSP on Monday night.

One thing we argued over was "do people in relationships talk".

...snip...

Her argument was that couples don't talk. I found that a bit hard to believe.

So a poll ensues.
      Clearly there's a flaw in her argument by definition.

Comment

I usually hear her but I am not listening, which works well.. she gets to vent, I get to watch TV.

Comment

Does "Have you started the dishwasher off yet love?" count?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            O

Her argument was that couples don't talk.
            She sounds ideal.

Comment

My missus was on at me about not listening to her last night. Well something along those lines anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by foritisme View Post
                My missus was on at me about not listening to her last night. Well something along those lines anyway.
                Like the TV ad, my stock response in these situations is usually "Terracotta?".

Comment

Of course I talk to my partner, how else is she supposed to know if I was brown or tomato sauce on my chips?
                  Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

You need to learn the power of "yes dear".
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X