• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you talk to your partner....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
    Does "Have you started the dishwasher off yet love?" count?
    You got her a dishwasher! You old softie!
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      She's also good looking and has nice tits. I'll start the bidding for her phone number at £100.
      £100. Way too high maintenance for me so she's all yours. Feel free to post some pics of the 'nice tits' for other potential bidders though.

Comment

A husband looking through the paper came upon a study that said women use more words than men.
        Excited to prove to his wife that he had been right all along when he accused her of talking too much, he showed her the study results. It read "Men use about 15,000 words per day, but women use 30,000".
        The wife thought for a while, then finally she said to her husband "It's because we have to repeat everything we say."
        The husband said "What?"
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

I think men invented language, beginning with grunts for such things as 'danger', 'come here' and 'feck off'. Women extended and enriched this form of communication and used it to set up complex social relationships, or gossip networks. They try to persuade men to to join in these sessions because here they are undisputed king, and most of men's words are used trying to get out of joining in. An arms race ensued and Women's brains became ever more highly developed and wired for language and for other illogical ways of thinking. While I could believe women speak 15,000 words a day, I feel 7,000 is an exagerration for men, with 7 being closer to the optimum, of which 6 are grunts.
          Last edited by TimberWolf; 31 July 2008, 05:42.

Comment

She can talk?
            I thought it were telly on
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'd talk to the other half if she put the phone down and stopped ringing her mates...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                I'd talk to the other half if she put the phone down and stopped ringing her mates...
                If the gf just talked to her mates it would not be too bad. It is the cackling that passes for laughter that gets me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  If the gf just talked to her mates it would not be too bad. It is the cackling that passes for laughter that gets me.
                  My pet hate is her listening to the phone conversation and saying in 1 sec intervals Yeh, yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh Ad nausium.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    My pet hate is her listening to the phone conversation and saying in 1 sec intervals Yeh, yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh yeh Ad nausium.
                    Well stop saying it then, she can harldy hear her mate on the other end.
                    Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                      Mine is when she is one the phone and decided to start a conversation with me, it usually starts with "Can you just..."

Comment

Working...
                      X