• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK summer do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    You were aggresive yourself, even if you dont recognise it in your original post. You stick your nose in and try and tell others off, you can get told where to go.
    if you dont want to be told what I think of it, dont adress your silly concerns about Lucy's feelings towards me.
    I don't believe I have ever read a post from you that wasn't aggressive in some manner, usually telling other people off for not living up to your high standards, usually on a thread that's got SFA to do with you. Pot kettle black applies.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
      I don't believe I have ever read a post from you that wasn't aggressive in some manner, usually telling other people off for not living up to your high standards, usually on a thread that's got SFA to do with you. Pot kettle black applies.
      Asolutely!

Well said Snaw.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
        Think about it - the following have expressed an interest:
        ace00, alreadypacked, cailin maith, Churchill, Gonzo, NickFitz, oracleslave, Pickle2, Platypus, realityhack, snaw, Sockpuppet, tay, ThomasSoerensen.

We know alreadypacked is a fair and balanced personality here - I can personally vouch for CM, gonzo, NickFitz and Sockpuppet - snaw, OS, ace and Pickle seem like nice people, and the rest, I've no idea. But that's part of the random charm. Xen, if he puts in an appearance, is a stellar bloke, as are Faqqer, MF, owlhoot, n5gooner and Mordac. And then there's SA. I hope she can make it.

Think of it as training for counselling.
        I shall be there. I've met some of you before at the original CUK do and it hasn't put me off.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Given your history I dont think your opinion counts.

And given we had decided to just avoid each other... I find you sticking your oar in to cause grief most amusing. I havent bothered responding to your posts in weeks, as you had such a cry last time.
          Last edited by tay; 20 June 2008, 16:14.

Comment

You are all picking on me! I hope Realityhack posts soon telling you to lay off

And I was mentioned by name in this thread, so responding is hardly surprising.

Well done Lucy on staying out of it... I am bet RH is super glad he rode to your 'rescue'

Comment

What - I make a comment about personal jibes that are out-of-context and that persist across threads? That I believe such behaviour isn't very healthy?

And now I'm suddenly a pseudo-moderator?

Am I not allowed an opinion on this? Is this not commonsensical enough that it was written into the board's t&cs?

I'm up for a discussion tay, but if all you can offer is playground banter, then I'm not going to bother.

Comment

What - I make a comment about personal jibes that are out-of-context and that persist across threads? That I believe such behaviour isn't very healthy?

And now I'm suddenly a pseudo-moderator?

Am I not allowed an opinion on this? Is this not commonsensical enough that it was written into the board's t&cs?

I'm up for a discussion tay, but if all you can offer is playground banter, then I'm not going to bother.

Who said you were a pseudo moderator?

You chose to reference me by name in some wierd attmpt to defend Lucy and criticise my posts even though you admit you havent seen most of her posts. You picked this silly argument.

Now when a few posters make jibes at me, you are strangley silent. Which just shows you are not remotely interested in cleanng the board up and totally interested in impressing Lucy.

I wouldnt have even responded if you hadnt talked about me directly by name.

Comment

... and back on topic (nearly) we go.

If I were to land at LHR at 7:15pm, how long would it take me got get to one of these venues roughly?

Comment

'aggressive'? Where?

'stick your nose in'? What do you mean, have an opinion?

'tell others off' I'm not sure that's what I did - it certainly wasn't in the spirit of what I was trying to say - which was that personal and persistent haranguing isn't very healthy or constructive, for anyone, not just the recipient. In this case Lucy happened to be the catalyst for statements applying to us all, for the benefit of us all. Statements which I think are reasonable, and will be happy to debate with you.

This is why I use terms like 'each other', 'someone's personality', 'online community', and 'we could all make an effort'.

I have no problems with you telling me what you think, but there's no need to be insulting or aggressive towards me, or to call my concerns silly without justifying yourself. I 'can get told where to go'? Really? Ok then, if you like, but I don't feel that you do yourself any favours by behaving like that.
                    You kidding???

If you cant see how mentioning other posters by name and then criticising their posts isnt aggresive you need a realitycheck. I didn't insult you at all. I dont like name calling. Unlike Lucy who called me a twat today on a number of occasions...(and clapped and quoted when someone else did) where were you then?

Comment

You picked this silly argument.
                      I saw one isolated example of what I saw as out-of-context flaming of a personal nature - then used that to comment on that kind of behaviour in a wider sense. This kind of thing happens all the time, and we've all been guilty of it at some point or other, I'm saying it's probably better if we tone it down.

Now when a few posters make jibes at me, you are strangley silent. Which just shows you are not remotely interested in cleanng the board up and totally interested in impressing Lucy.
                      Weak point, as most here can draw the distinction between joking around and crossing the line.

Impressing lucy? What? Sheesh, is it troll-o'clock already?

Comment

Working...
                      X