• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK summer do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    I'm interested to know who Lucy isn't going to attack.
    Alright Bagpuss/tay/others - I'm just going to stick my neck out here a bit - I'm not sure where you guys get all this ammo and the assent to slate Lucy so much. Sure, she's an outspoken and sensitive character on the board - but I don't think it warrants any kind of persistent 'mobbing' or personal attacks.

By all means have a dig at each other in the heat of the moment and in the relevant thread, but keep it at that, not a campaign of disparagement.

Frankly, you don't know her well enough to be judging her in this way. None of us do. It's an online community and you'll only ever see a small facet of someone's personality here - not enough to cast sweeping judgements IMHO - snaw is correct in his assumption above.

Comment

I think you will find I get the abuse directed at me first. Surely I have a right to reply?
      Additionally, I'm not the one getting upset by someone giving as good as they get back.

If you can't take it don't give it out.
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I think you will find I get the abuse directed at me first. Surely I have a right to reply?
        Of course you have. I probably haven't read the threads where this has happened. Nonetheless, it doesn't do anyone any favours to extend the abuse outside that thread. All I'm seeing is out-of-context flaming, which isn't very healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Of course you have. I probably haven't read the threads where this has happened. Nonetheless, it doesn't do anyone any favours to extend the abuse outside that thread. All I'm seeing is out-of-context flaming, which isn't very healthy.
          Which all makes the prospect of a beer or thirteen with you keyboard warriors all the more interesting

Comment

Abso-bloody-lutely

Comment

Ok Point taken, if Lucy stops deliberately trying to provoke me I won't say any more on the subject.

It's one thing disagreeing with someone it's another to constanly snipe, still my skin is thick
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Ok Point taken, if Lucy stops deliberately trying to provoke me I won't say any more on the subject.

It's one thing disagreeing with someone it's another to constanly snipe, still my skin is thick

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Which all makes the prospect of a beer or thirteen with you keyboard warriors all the more interesting
                In reality we'll just stare at our shoes and groan

Comment

It's one thing disagreeing with someone it's another to constantly snipe
                  There - in a nutshell, that's exactly what I wanted to say. Cheers, I think we could all make an effort to avoid just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    not central - but riverside

The Ship
                    Good suggestion - I'm trying to keep it to a half-hour radius of central london and that just-about fits the bill.

Places like Richmond are also surprisingly close to central London from Waterloo, with the advantage that there's lots more to do and a nicer, more relaxed atmosphere, that and Hammersmith, Putney and the like.

However - that just might be me wanting to have the CUK do around the corner from my house, within stumbling distance.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
                      Good suggestion - I'm trying to keep it to a half-hour radius of central london and that just-about fits the bill.

Places like Richmond are also surprisingly close to central London from Waterloo, with the advantage that there's lots more to do and a nicer, more relaxed atmosphere, that and Hammersmith, Putney and the like.

However - that just might be me wanting to have the CUK do around the corner from my house, within stumbling distance.
                      Trouble for me is that I then have to get to waterloo, then to kings cross before getting a train home - it's a PITA from Richmond area.
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X