• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I don't like this country any more

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Friends and family?

There has to be a certain type of person who can simply up sticks and move elsewhere. I watch some of these people on TV who want to move at a relatively young age and think dont they have any friends?
    It is possible to have friends even if you don't live next door to them. Use the internet/phone to keep contact and visit when you are back in your country of origin on family visits anyway.

It is not impossible - I have seen it done / am doing it.
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
      ... Is there really a reason to live here - other than fish and chips?
      Paddy Riley's in Basel does a pretty good fish and chips.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        It is possible to have friends even if you don't live next door to them. Use the internet/phone to keep contact and visit when you are back in your country of origin on family visits anyway.

Its not the same.

I miss my friends and family a huge amount, and it is the mainn reason for heading home soon. We came wee saw we plundered... now its time to relax with friends and family for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          Its not the same.

I miss my friends and family a huge amount, and it is the mainn reason for heading home soon. We came wee saw we plundered... now its time to relax with friends and family for awhile.
          choked
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post

If it works for you then that is fine. I have kids who's routine, well being and settlement are far more important than satisfying an urge to go and live elsewhere. I also have friends who I can play sport with, go out for impromptu beers with. Besides I cannot see any other country in the world where I would rather live. It may be a pigs ear of a country that I live in but it is my country.
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              choked
              I take it you missed the 3 southern hemisphere victories over the weekend?

Comment

Its not the same.

And you never know maybe a bit of our "winners culture" may just rub off onto the folks back home
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And you never know maybe a bit of our "winners culture" may just rub off onto the folks back home
                  England has a winning culture?

Comment

England has a winning culture?

Here's one for starters

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/c...in-842877.html

Comment

If it works for you then that is fine. I have kids who's routine, well being and settlement are far more important than satisfying an urge to go and live elsewhere. I also have friends who I can play sport with, go out for impromptu beers with. Besides I cannot see any other country in the world where I would rather live. It may be a pigs ear of a country that I live in but it is my country.
                      Fair enough. My kids are not old enough yet to not be flexible regarding where they live.
                      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                      X