• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I don't like this country any more"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by tay View Post
    About as much as Euro 2008 has to do with England......

winning culture...
    Did you enjoy the cricket this weekend or did you blink and miss the kiwi's innings.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    SH will win it? Thats what has happened 5/6 times....
    Apparently that fact has eluded statsguru

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Its not the same.

I miss my friends and family a huge amount, and it is the mainn reason for heading home soon. We came wee saw we plundered... now its time to relax with friends and family for awhile.
    Tay, did you meet Wilmslow in the toilets?

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    I actually saw some footy on the tv, D-Cuppen 2008 Det uofficielle EM i straffespark for piger i bikini, apparently they're having some european championship, 5-a-side knock-out involving young ladies in bikinis.

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Ah they win the odd match true, but come a major competition like the WC you know what will happen. Bit like Spain in the football world. Great team, usually win friendlies with ease but will get nowhere in Euro 2008.
    SH will win it? Thats what has happened 5/6 times....

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    I take it you missed the 3 southern hemisphere victories over the weekend?
    Ah they win the odd match true, but come a major competition like the WC you know what will happen. Bit like Spain in the football world. Great team, usually win friendlies with ease but will get nowhere in Euro 2008.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Friends and family?

There has to be a certain type of person who can simply up sticks and move elsewhere. I watch some of these people on TV who want to move at a relatively young age and think dont they have any friends?
    If you are young you have lots of time to make new friends. I have moved five times in my life so far and always new friends..and stayed in contact with a core set of my previous friends. It does get harder as you get older, and if you have kids.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang View Post
    Tay, one of the qualities I love about NZ'ers is your ability to lose gracefully. Dont lose that of else there will be no difference between you and the Aussies and that would be a disaster with NOWHERE to visit in that part of the southern hemisphere!!!

badly

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

winning culture...
    we're simply having a rest from having to compete in so many world cups and other major competitions.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    England has a winning culture?

Tay, one of the qualities I love about NZ'ers is your ability to lose gracefully. Dont lose that of else there will be no difference between you and the Aussies and that would be a disaster with NOWHERE to visit in that part of the southern hemisphere!!!

Leave a comment:

• tay
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    what has this litany of trash got to do with English sport?

winning culture...

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And last time we reached the final with a rubbish team.
    really rubbish

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    what has this litany of trash got to do with English sport?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
    I think our problem is we are just no good, especially true in football, we haven't had a cat in hells chance of winning the world cup for donkey's years. However the only time we had a half decent rugby team we won the RWC
    And last time we reached the final with a rubbish team.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    England has a winning culture?

I think our problem is we are just no good, especially true in football, we haven't had a cat in hells chance of winning the world cup for donkey's years. However the only time we had a half decent rugby team we won the RWC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X