• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Boxster S has got to go......

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    As a relevant note (for a change) the RR that I'm in the process of buying was over £60k just under 2 years ago. It has 21k miles on the clock and I'm paying just under £30k for it from a main dealer.

Now THAT is depreciation!
    R8 and an RR? - you appear to be seriously minted Churchill.

May I ask what engine is in that RR you're buying?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
      Have you got rid of the RX8?
      R8

< one angry pooch incoming! >

Comment

As a relevant note (for a change) the RR that I'm in the process of buying was over £60k just under 2 years ago. It has 21k miles on the clock and I'm paying just under £30k for it from a main dealer.

Now THAT is depreciation!
        see this was another car I was looking at getting and LPG'ing it, a good price for it by the sounds of things. Is It a Supercharged one Sir?

A friend of a friends in the car trade and said RR's have MAJORLY dropped in price due to the cost of oil and he's doesn't see it leveling off for a bit yet so I may hold off for a bit. Only downside I can see is their build quality issues.

that and getting stabbed to death by some green FECKWIT who didn't notice the LPG filler cap

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
          R8 and an RR? - you appear to be seriously minted Churchill.

May I ask what engine is in that RR you're buying?
          It's the TDV8.

I might need it in Poland...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            What is your budget and what are you looking for?

If you are after a Golf, then I would sit tight as the shape is due to change soon so dealers should be clearing the current shape at a discount at some point.

If you can't wait, you should be able to pick up a used R32 with a years warranty for about £20k.
            trying to be realistic £20K ish. My problem is I'm a total petrol head could see this budget get done over by a WMD as I would easily get bored with mundeo type motors.

I have also been stung recently with a 10 year BMW which blew up and I'm still paying for though not for much longer

Comment

It's the TDV8.

I might need it in Poland...
              It can't be not at that price. Did you have your mask and gun with you when you went to buy it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                I would get the Merc SL (350 or 500). Class, luxury, that shape and that folding roof. £20Kish should get you one 5 years old.
                Yes mate the old heart strings are tugging at this car BIG!! Time have recently driven both old and current models I can see me going for one of these. Although I have been put off a little with talk of poor build on the newer models
                Last edited by roadster198; 13 May 2008, 09:15.

Comment

Beemer M3? Audi RS4?
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                    Beemer M3? Audi RS4?
                    M3 will be cheaper of the two RS4 still to expensive for me I'm afraid. I've driven the last model M3 and loved it so I'll put this in the maybe pile along with the SL's

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
                      M3 will be cheaper of the two RS4 still to expensive for me I'm afraid. I've driven the last model M3 and loved it so I'll put this in the maybe pile along with the SL's
                      A Passatt is very nice, especially in beige.

Comment

Working...
                      X