• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh Oh :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    I think I have had measels.

I have one itchy spot on my leg and loads of little ones on my stomach, and three massive lumps on my head, and a fever.

I am going to the doctor tomorrow.
    I thought adults didn't get measels ,they got shingles, which is, by all accounts, much worse and can recur. Get to that quack a.s.a.p.

I hope it's not shingles.

BTW is there a number six on each of those "massive lumps"?

What? Just asking, if the Dark Lord is making a surprise appearance it doesn't hurt to get in early with the welcome mat, does it?
    The vegetarian option.

Comment

I had measles twice as a child - very rare, you're supposed to be immune after the first time

If you don't actually feel too rough, it could be German measles (rubella, I think they call it now) - when I had that at about the age of eight, I had to be convinced by the rest of the family that I was actually ill, because I felt quite all right.

YMMV

Comment

I'm covered in spots!
        Have you been to Zaire recently? It could be Ebola...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
          Have you been to Zaire recently? It could be Ebola...

No.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I had measles twice as a child - very rare, you're supposed to be immune after the first time

If you don't actually feel too rough, it could be German measles (rubella, I think they call it now) - when I had that at about the age of eight, I had to be convinced by the rest of the family that I was actually ill, because I felt quite all right.

YMMV
            Did the immunization shots not work? Those shots should have been given to each child since mid-70s.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Did the immunization shots not work? Those shots should have been given to each child since mid-70s.
              This was in the early Sixties - in those days, immunisation for what were called "childhood diseases" consisted of getting the disease and not dying from it

I'd had measles (twice), mumps, chicken pox, scarlet fever and God knows what else before I was old enough to remember them. Almost died of pneumonia before my first birthday, too.

Those were the days...

Comment

I'm covered in spots!

Has anyone had measels or chicken pox?
                Herpes?
                I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

eeeeek!

This morning I am covered in them. Phoned the doctor's surgery and was told I was not to come in if I was covered in spots, a nurse is going to phone me. Sometime. Hopefully.

How I love the NHS.

Comment

This morning I am covered in them. Phoned the doctor's surgery and was told I was not to come in if I was covered in spots, a nurse is going to phone me. Sometime. Hopefully.

How I love the NHS.
                    Lucy my uncle had those symptoms.

He died two weeks later.

HTH

Comment

Well thanks prawny, cheering everyone up, again.

The nurse phoned and it sounds like I have chicken pox and said I do need to go and see the doctor, but I need to ask to be put in the isolation room. (Like a lepper)

Comment

Working...
                      X