• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Uh Oh :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alms for an ex-leper?

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
    Well thanks prawny, cheering everyone up, again.

The nurse phoned and it sounds like I have chicken pox and said I do need to go and see the doctor, but I need to ask to be put in the isolation room. (Like a lepper)
    Ex-Leper: Okay, sir, my final offer: half a shekel for an old ex-leper?

Brian: Did you say "ex-leper"?

Ex-Leper: That's right, sir, 16 years behind a veil and proud of it, sir.
    Brian: Well, what happened?

Ex-Leper: Oh, cured, sir.

Brian: Cured?

Ex-Leper: Yes sir, bloody miracle, sir. Bless you!

Brian: Who cured you?

Ex-Leper: Jesus did, sir. I was hopping along, minding my own business, all of a sudden, up he comes, cures me! One minute I'm a leper with a trade, next minute my livelihood's gone. Not so much as a by-your-leave! "You're cured, mate." Bloody do-gooder.

Brian: Well, why don't you go and tell him you want to be a leper again?

Ex-Leper: Uh, I could do that sir, yeah. Yeah, I could do that I suppose. What I was thinking was I was going to ask him if he could make me a bit lame in one leg during the middle of the week. You know, something beggable, but not leprosy, which is a pain in the ass to be blunt and excuse my French, sir.
    "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Chin up Lucy

Calomine lotion will help with the itches - and give you that 18th century covered in powder look as well

Comment

Cheers everyone.
        I'm back from the doctor and do have chicken pox. Have massive anti-viral tablets to take five times a day. Apparently, getting them as an adult means you are more susceptable to lung infection.

Comment

Unclean, unclean!!
          "Wait, I still function!"

Comment

Cheers everyone.
            I'm back from the doctor and do have chicken pox. Have massive anti-viral tablets to take five times a day. Apparently, getting them as an adult means you are more susceptable to lung infection.

Awww.. *hugs* hun - get well soon

Eeyore was very glad to be able to stop thinking for a little, in order to say "How do you do" in a gloomy manner to Pooh.
            "And how are you?" said Winnie-the-Pooh.
            Eeyore shook his head from side to side. "Not very how," he said. "I don't seem to felt at all how for a long time."

Comment

We had a woman who worked with us once and went sick on the Friday so I had to do a double shift to cover for her. Back at work on Monday and her excuse for being sick, chickenpox. Fastest case I have ever seen...
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                We had a student pull that one last term... I was ever so amused having spent 3 weeks in bed with chickenpox...
                The effect of chickenpox can differ on a 20 yr old vs a 57 year old.

HTH

Comment

I'm covered in spots!

Has anyone had measels or chicken pox?
                  Yep, DimPrawn had it recently

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Really?

I was 35 when I had it by the way...

And he's a good deal older than 20...

Not a mark on him..