• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is she spoilt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    while out bimbling through the centre of Manchester yesterday, the wife drags me in to the Radley shop (handbags for those that dont or didnt know what it was either...).

she spies a bag she fancies, and gives me the puppy eyes. it turns out this bag is limited edition (means it costs more than the normal ones), one of only 250. they apparently do this every year.

She looks at me and wants one! i tell her if she wants one, get one. its pointless arguing, she'll only sulk.

now, the day passes, she stops me buying a PS3 (at a cheaper cost than this bag!!!) cos i have a 360 and a wii. i make tea and generally do all the bits. i was feeling good yesterday and thought i would be nice.

anyway, we go to bed. she wanders to bathroom as i get in the pit, and the next thing i realise, she has PJs on... this is odd as i know its not that time of the month (she is at least talking to me!). she rolls over, and goes to sleep. i get nothing. no kiss, no goodnight. i buy her a handbag and look after her, but i get nothing.

What am i doing wrong? it wasnt that long since the time i would 'get' something in return without me asking.

i think she has got used to getting what she wants. 7 years of being together with the last 4 being married, i think she has become complacent. what should i do? (other than go out and get the PS3 today with telling her! )

I'll never understand women, but then i also think i'm going to stop buying her things. i'm not sure i even got a verbal thank you, but she did smile.
    Sounds like she is preparing her divorce papers.

What a disaster.

I think BI made his response with his tongue firmly in his cheek.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      BI actually made marriage sound hard enough in that post to make a man not bother.

Seems like a lot of effort. Pah.
      Best thing that ever happened to me

She's always there to stop the bleeding
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
        Sounds like she is preparing her divorce papers.

What a disaster.

I think BI made his response with his tongue firmly in his cheek.
        Not at all. I meant it completely.

You have a choice: two people sharing bills and a roof, or a happy marriage. The latter is far, far harder to keep going year after year after year...

But it does mean that when I spend 6 months on the bench - like I did last year, she was supportive throughout.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

BI actually made marriage sound hard enough in that post to make a man not bother.

It is. A bloke is better off single - it is much easier and your income is wasted on girlie stuff.

The trick is to be a happy bachelor and not give in to doubt. Some of us are weak and get ensnared.

Linky.

Remember: a man's life is not complete until he's married. And then it's over.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            while out bimbling through the centre of Manchester yesterday, [..]
            Well no wonder you had problems - Bimbles don't come into season until september at the earliest. And a city centre isn't the best place to look anyway. You'll find a lot more growing in the countryside.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Thas cos you haven't found the right girl
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                It is. A bloke is better off single - it is much easier and your income is wasted on girlie stuff.

The trick is to be a happy bachelor and not give in to doubt. Some of us are weak and get ensnared.

Linky.

Remember: a man's life is not complete until he's married. And then it's over.
                BI

I know you don't mean that...
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  BI

I know you don't mean that...
                  No, Mrs BI. Sorry, Mrs BI.

Oh, it's you, CM! In that case...

Marriage. Not so much a word as a sentence.

Marriage comprises three rings. The engagement ring. The wedding ring. And the suffering.

et al.

Comment

Marriage is a joint effort

Emphasis on the effort
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Wrong strategy. Recent studies show that depressed women have more sex and that women reward men who do housework with sex.

Never buy here anything, beat her soundly every day and lock her up in the shed while you get a cleaner in. At £8 ph, this plan is far cheaper than hiring a prossie.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X