• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is she spoilt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    while out bimbling through the centre of Manchester yesterday, the wife drags me in to the Radley shop (handbags for those that dont or didnt know what it was either...).

she spies a bag she fancies, and gives me the puppy eyes. it turns out this bag is limited edition (means it costs more than the normal ones), one of only 250. they apparently do this every year.

She looks at me and wants one! i tell her if she wants one, get one. its pointless arguing, she'll only sulk.

now, the day passes, she stops me buying a PS3 (at a cheaper cost than this bag!!!) cos i have a 360 and a wii. i make tea and generally do all the bits. i was feeling good yesterday and thought i would be nice.

anyway, we go to bed. she wanders to bathroom as i get in the pit, and the next thing i realise, she has PJs on... this is odd as i know its not that time of the month (she is at least talking to me!). she rolls over, and goes to sleep. i get nothing. no kiss, no goodnight. i buy her a handbag and look after her, but i get nothing.

What am i doing wrong? it wasnt that long since the time i would 'get' something in return without me asking.

i think she has got used to getting what she wants. 7 years of being together with the last 4 being married, i think she has become complacent. what should i do? (other than go out and get the PS3 today with telling her! )

I'll never understand women, but then i also think i'm going to stop buying her things. i'm not sure i even got a verbal thank you, but she did smile.

Basically you are a mug. In a few years when the little un's have arrived you will be seeing this man in a batman costume on top of the Beetham tower. FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by RRH View Post
      Basically you are a mug. .
      Explain.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Originally posted by RRH View Post
        Basically you are a mug. .
        Explain.
        You're in trouble now, RRH!

Remember:

Women have got many faults.
        But men have only two:
        Everything they say
        And everything they do.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Thas cos you haven't found the right girl
          Bah.

I was thinking the other day why you can get IR35 insurances but you can't get divorce insurances. I think its because there is only a chance that Hector will run off with your money where as a woman will.

Another helpful insight from Sockpuppet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
            Bah.

I was thinking the other day why you can get IR35 insurances but you can't get divorce insurances. I think its because there is only a chance that Hector will run off with your money where as a woman will.

Another helpful insight from Sockpuppet.
            Now SP - you and I both know that is bollocks..... my husband ran off with a load of my cash... Anyway I reckon if its love you will both spoil each other and thats the way it should be....

Anyone think I might be looking at this with rose tinted glasses can kiss my - I'm currently head over heels with someone...
            Bazza gets caught
            Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
              Now SP - you and I both know that is bollocks..... my husband ran off with a load of my cash... Anyway I reckon if its love you will both spoil each other and thats the way it should be....

Anyone think I might be looking at this with rose tinted glasses can kiss my - I'm currently head over heels with someone...
              Did he? You never said that. Time for a hit man if you ask me.

Besides we've known for a while you like tay..

Although if I catch anyone in a relationship using the "L" word inside the first 3 months I am personally going to kick their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                Although if I catch anyone in a relationship using the "L" word inside the first 3 months I am personally going to kick their asses.
                Why you kick my donkeys, Gringo?
                Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

BI is pussy whipped and I feel very sorry for him.
                  Woman and Men should be equak in a marriage, but to many limp wristed wimps let woman walk all over them... newsflash BI.. your wife is SUPPOSED to support you in tough times, its not a bonus which deserves reward. I actually pity you.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                    BI is pussy whipped and I feel very sorry for him.
                    Woman and Men should be equak in a marriage, but to many limp wristed wimps let woman walk all over them... newsflash BI.. your wife is SUPPOSED to support you in tough times, its not a bonus which deserves reward. I actually pity you.
                    equak? WTF is equak?

too
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

awww bless the wimpy husbands sticking together, if you paid more attention to basic common sense around sharp instruements and less trying to be funny about typos.... you would be better off.
                      Last edited by tay; 23 March 2008, 17:00.

Comment

Working...
                      X