• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ATW's 10 points plan to solve the global financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Let them rebel in the library and push boundaries of science - I'd be okay with that.

Pushing boundaries by getting drunk on cheap cider to then kick people to death is not the kind of "pushing" that I am okay with.

Just what the **** can those cider drinking teenagers invent? At best they won't be future criminals, unless they work in a bank or something.
    Hmmmm. Good question!

maybe they'll come up with a better search engine or something.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      maybe they'll come up with a better search engine or something.
      Fine. Put them into prison where the only chance for them to get out would be to prove inside prison that the society will benefit from them going out - let them write books or whatever, parole board will look at their achievements every 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Fine. Put them into prison where the only chance for them to get out would be to prove inside prison that the society will benefit from them going out - let them write books or whatever, parole board will look at their achievements every 3 years.
        So when are you due out then?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Short term speculators are an essential part of the market. They provide the liquidity than enables proper prices to be set and for more strategic holdings to be acquired and dispersed. Without them there cannot be a properly functional market.

Punitive taxation of short-term gains (can you claim losses against tax too for fairness?), turnover (aka. Tobin) tax or any other interference in the proper operation of markets is counter productive, impractical and just plain wrong.

Not that I know anything about it.
          How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
          Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Short term speculators are an essential part of the market. They provide the liquidity than enables proper prices to be set and for more strategic holdings to be acquired and dispersed. Without them there cannot be a properly functional market.

Punitive taxation of short-term gains (can you claim losses against tax too for fairness?), turnover (aka. Tobin) tax or any other interference in the proper operation of markets is counter productive, impractical and just plain wrong.

Not that I know anything about it.
            You're an accountant, aren't you?

Comment

You're an accountant, aren't you?
              Far, far worse than that. I'm not a taxman though.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
                Far, far worse than that.
                Arrggghhh! an ECONOMIST aaaarrrrgggghhHH!

Comment

...(chakkaboom)...
                  ROTFL

Comment

Poor old atw - I've never seen anyone so autistic. Get help atw, cognitive therapy and drugs work wonders nowadays ...You have all the classic signs:

- obsession in a narrow technical area
                    - inability to see other people's point of view
                    - inability to form relationships with the opposite sex
                    - and most telling of all, an inability to see the complexity of the world

All classic signs of autism/Aspergers syndrome
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Poor old atw - I've never seen anyone so autistic. Get help atw, cognitive therapy and drugs work wonders nowadays ...You have all the classic signs:

- obsession in a narrow technical area
                      - inability to see other people's point of view
                      - inability to form relationships with the opposite sex
                      - and most telling of all, an inability to see the complexity of the world

All classic signs of autism/Aspergers syndrome
                      No! AtW is right.

Let's just KILL EVERYONE NOW!

That'll sort it.

Comment

Working...
                      X