• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ATW's 10 points plan to solve the global financial crisis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    this bubble is totally pointless
    Some bubbles have remnants that are useful after a period of time. For example railways or just roads. Or fiber optics that was put into the ground during first .CON boom - that helped grow broadband without extra investment afterwards.

But what's useful is left after inflated property bubble? It's not like they are building undersea elite houses, it's the same houses, just a lot less expensive - nothing new was created, if anything money wasted on unlocking "value" of the house by getting new kitchens etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Some bubbles have remnants that are useful after a period of time. For example railways or just roads. Or fiber optics that was put into the ground during first .CON boom - that helped grow broadband without extra investment afterwards.

But what's useful is left after inflated property bubble? It's not like they are building undersea elite houses, it's the same houses, just a lot less expensive - nothing new was created, if anything money wasted on unlocking "value" of the house by getting new kitchens etc.
      KILL ME NOW

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Point 1: if you did not heed the warnings you'd get in jail. Fair play here - you'd be warned and you'd refuse to heed the warning. You'd have to deal with the consequences of your behavior.

Point 2: fine by me. I'd pay more taxes for that scum to be put in jail for the rest of their lives. If necessary I'd pull out of Human Rights Act and make prisons like hell - it's not vacation ground.

So you'd imprison just about every teeneager in the country and then pull out of any commitments to Human Rights.

Then you'd ban anyone from investing in a project that might lead to short term gain for them.

I can see how that would make for a better country.

Comment

Good grief. Have you been at the sherry?

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
            So you'd imprison just about every teeneager in the country and then pull out of any commitments to Human Rights.

Then you'd ban anyone from investing in a project that might lead to short term gain for them.
            Yeah!

And what's wrong with that then?

What are you? Some kind of soppy liberal?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Look, if every teenager in this country is a yob, then it would be better for the public if they are in prison.

I don't think it's the case anyway - perhaps 2-3% qualify as yobs, get the ring leaders into jail and explain in clear terms that the rest of the gang will follow if they don't stop annoying people.

God damn hoodies

Comment

But what's useful is left after inflated property bubble? .
                How about the fooking huge pile of cash made by those who bought low and sold high? That's been quite useful.....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  How about the fooking huge pile of cash made by those who bought low and sold high? That's been quite useful.....

You not helping here...

Comment

Look, if every teenager in this country is a yob, then it would be better for the public if they are in prison.
                    Yes, you must be correct. Did you have a bit part in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang by any chance?

I believe that is is good for a teenager to rebel and push boundries. I believe that that is how you develop a culture that leads to some of the great inventions this country has given to the world.

I rejected one local school for my kids because they used CCTV to monitor every corner of the grounds. That's not freedom, and it's not how kids should be treated.

Comment

I believe that is is good for a teenager to rebel and push boundries. I believe that that is how you develop a culture that leads to some of the great inventions this country has given to the world.
                      Let them rebel in the library and push boundaries of science - I'd be okay with that.

Pushing boundaries by getting drunk on cheap cider to then kick people to death is not the kind of "pushing" that I am okay with.

Just what the **** can those cider drinking teenagers invent? At best they won't be future criminals, unless they work in a bank or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X