• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just out of interest...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Where are you going to work?
    You could retire to the US if you have the dosh. Cheap property (depends where) and low cost of living.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

$636,400 gets you 344 acres near Omaha (Morris County, Texas).

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/in...=&inv_id=91485

This beautiful ranch has rolling hills, a lake, several ponds and a creek meandering throughout the property. There is an old barn, corrals and moderate fencing on the property. This is a productive cattle and hay grazing ranch. The property is remote and provides excellent hunting for deer, hogs and ducks.
      Texas as well, so to help unwind at the end of a hard week's contracting you can go to the local Wal-Mart, buy an assault rifle and blaze away at the local wildlife.
      Last edited by Lucifer Box; 26 November 2007, 13:41. Reason: Providing additional clarity to the information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
        $636,400 gets you 344 acres near Omaha (Morris County, Texas).

http://www.landsoftexas.com/texas/in...=&inv_id=91485

Texas as well, so to help unwind at the end of a hard week's contracting you can go to the local Wal-Mart, buy an assault rifle and blaze away at the local wildlife.
        After conversion to £, that's about the price of a crappy 1-bed flat in London

I'll have 2.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Kylie4485 View Post
          No a juicy story about Britany Spears next shameless move, or what bag Sarah Jessica Parker is showing off this week can keep me occupied for quite a while I might just have enough time to fit in The Sun

Wendover, very posh
          I worry about Britney too.

I don't actually live in Wendover. The bergers there wouldn't have me, let alone people like Clive.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            After conversion to £, that's about the price of a carppy 1-bed flat in London

I'll have 2.
            Or a three bedroom property in a nice part of West London if Bagpuss is doing the buying.

Comment

Originally posted by The Master View Post
              Or a three bedroom property in a nice part of West London if Bagpuss is doing the buying.
              Yes, sell all your property to SASguru types before it's too late.
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Yes, sell all your property to SASguru types before it's too late.
                I'm not on the market to buy. Yet
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Where are you going to work?
                  I'll take a wild stab at "Somewhere in the good old US of A"???

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Or alternatively, you could take the AK into work & blaze away at your co-workers, as seems increasingly popular.
                    Excellent, o faithful minion. I see that your time with me has not been wasted.

Comment

I got to say, you poor sods in blighty, you are getting feck all for your money

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X