• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just out of interest...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    There are some nice Victorian and Edwardian terraces along there.
    That was the one - massive semi detached houses, some split into flats, some still houses.

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Bit too close to the council estates and fast food takeaway zones of South Wimbledon though.
    And a seat on the Northern Line to Bank guaranteed 9 days out of 10!

Still, that doesn't bother me any more what with most of my work being via Heathrow.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      And a seat on the Northern Line to Bank guaranteed 9 days out of 10!

Still, that doesn't bother me any more what with most of my work being via Heathrow.
      Oh indeed, proximity to a tube station close to the end of the line is certainly most helpful in the mornings. I never thought I'd say it, but I think I'd rather the Northern Line every day than Heathrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        If they sell quickly, this time next year 250

HTH
        Lets hope so ...
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Kylie4485 View Post
          when I have meeting's in the city, hardly a flyer though, more like 60 minutes of reading heat magazine, woohoo
          These days "flyer" is a sobrequet for "crawler". You must take a year's supply of Heat magazine with you to make it last 60 minutes!

It's only 45 for me as I go from Wendover.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post
            These days "flyer" is a sobrequet for "crawler". You must take a year's supply of Heat magazine with you to make it last 60 minutes!

It's only 45 for me as I go from Wendover.
            No a juicy story about Britany Spears next shameless move, or what bag Sarah Jessica Parker is showing off this week can keep me occupied for quite a while I might just have enough time to fit in The Sun

Wendover, very posh

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              I'm looking to upgrade my carboard box next year and would like to know what I could get for £350k in your area?

Where I am, I can get a 4 bed-semi with basement, garage and half decent garden looking out over the sea.
              2-3 bed house with a nice garden in Hampton (last time I checked) which aint bad considering the location
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
                A pity that you will have to pay near 50% of the profit (if there is any) when you sell back.
                Basel Stadt starts at 60% then reduces according to how long you've owned the house. Basel Landschaft is up to 25%, with penalties if sold within 5 years. The BL tax is based on the value in real terms (i.e. taking into account the cost of living changes). But no stamp duty if you don't sell within the the first 5 years.

And if you buy another property within 6 months, the tax is deferred.

Currently, mortgage payments are 50%-70% of the amount you'd expect to pay renting. So, if you're in it for the long term, you can do quite well. And house prices in the more select areas are steadily increasing.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

The question that you should be asking is what can I buy in the good ols US of A for $700,000 ?

It starts to make emmigration look quite attractive....

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                    The question that you should be asking is what can I buy in the good ols US of A for $700,000 ?

One bed off plan flat in Vegas.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetai...&chnl=overseas

Looks ideal for the BTL investor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post

Where are you going to work?

Comment

Working...
                      X