• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Was Enoch Powell right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Norway is a small country in Europe that is not big on immigration and is outside the EU.

UK is a small country in Europe that is big on immigration and is inside the EU.

Both have oil.

One is 2nd most prosperous country in the world, the other is a carppy backwater of Europe on the verge of bankruptcy.

Can you work out which one made the correct political decisions?

You can't compare the populations of Norway and the UK. Incidentally while Norway did invest their oil wisely, they are only storing up problems for the future as their people get used to being propped up artificially. Have you bought any products or services from Norway recently?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      My point is that Britain was forced to introduce immigration because a large proportion of the indigenous population are either too lazy or too poorly educated to prop up a large developed economy. For that matter even Germany had to do that in the 50s and 60s. Japan on the other hand is highly regimented as a culture and people work hard based on societal pressure.
      Did Enoch actually argue that there should be no immigration?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Norway is a small country in Europe that is not big on immigration and is outside the EU.
        They are doomed too.

http://www.workpermit.com/news/2007-...stics-2006.htm
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

You can't compare the populations of Norway and the UK. Incidentally while Norway did invest their oil wisely, they are only storing up problems for the future as their people get used to being propped up artificially. Have you bought any products or services from Norway recently?
          Alright, how many of you sad lot are now running a google search on "Norwegian prostitute" ?
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I'll leave you to your strange little world. Don't forget, if you want the immigration to continue and boost Britain further, you need to put your X next the Labour candidate again.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Francko View Post
              Yes, their net immigration was 23,700 people. Or a weeks worth as we would say in the UK.

Comment

I'll leave you to your strange little world. Don't forget, if you want the immigration to continue and boost Britain further, you need to put your X next the Labour candidate again.

HTH
                When did I say I support the current levels of immigration?
                And as for strange worlds, pot, kettle etc.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

The past being the operative word, here.
                  The past and the present are the only FACTS we have - a possible "other" future is one which is up for debate.

I for one believe that the UK / GB "could" have been a better place to live without the high volume of immigaration that we have seen INTO this country which has also resulted in a volume of MIGRATION from our country.

You believe other wise, but then at least we're still a democracy so we can both hold and make known these views.
                  Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
                    The past and the present are the only FACTS we have - a possible "other" future is one which is up for debate.

I for one believe that the UK / GB "could" have been a better place to live without the high volume of immigaration that we have seen INTO this country which has also resulted in a volume of MIGRATION from our country.

You believe other wise, but then at least we're still a democracy so we can both hold and make known these views.

No, to question immigration is to be a racist. Ask Sandy.

Comment

Yes, their net immigration was 23,700 people. Or a weeks worth as we would say in the UK.

You are aware that the pop of Norway is only about 4.5 million, aren't you? Or half the size of Greater London.
                      Your chose your name with care I see.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X